Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

Could we have moved into this infestation?

(4 posts)
  1. FightinEm

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Dec 2 2011 9:11:28
    #

Login to Send PM

We dont travel, have sleep-overs or anything else that I believe would cause this mess we seem to have developed in the last two weeks. It seems to be growing so fast. Could the BB's have been here when we moved in 2 months ago and they are just now coming out of the woodwork? We cant afford an exterminator so I am sealing up the mattresses and using a few other methods to get rid of the little buggers. I just cant figure out where they came from. I also cant seem to find any eggs or anything other than an occasional adult bug. It doesnt make any sense to me. there isnt any of the evidence that Ive been reading about but I am positive they are bed bugs and one of my 3 kids are getting eaten alive. I never thought I would say this but I wish it was lice... that I can treat with my eyes closed!

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Dec 2 2011 9:39:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Have you considered adjoining neighbours as a source?

If you rent you may want to check about local rules and landlords responsibilities. If you own you may want to get a professionals opinion as to the likelihood of it being in the property before you to see if there is any potential recourse with the previous occupant/owner.

Outside of that the FAQ's are a must read around here.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bedbug infestations in domestic and commercial settings. The patent numbers are GB2463953 and GB2470307.

"Astral Entomologist - because so many people say my ideas are out of this world"
  3. FightinEm

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Dec 2 2011 9:57:33
    #

Login to Send PM

We live in a single unit and our land lord isnt the type to willingly help with extermination costs. I have spoken with a professional and was told that there is no way to tell for sure unless I can come up with more money than I can afford for an inspection. Unfortunatly I live in a small town and the local exterminators wont even deal with bed bugs.

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Dec 2 2011 10:13:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

It may be that although your landlord is unwilling to deal with the issue they may have a legal responsibility to do so.

I would check with the FAQ's on landlord responsibility in your area.

David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.