Could they be gone?

(10 posts)
  1. CantStopCrying

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Feb 23 2017 0:05:01
    #

Login to Send PM

So since I started cleaning 3 wks age no more bites to me or the children, my husband doesn't react. The last live one I saw was 2 wks ago feb 7. I did see 2 dead and one live when removing encasements a week ago but I don't count that since encasements were put on prior to any cleaning. PCO came and did first treatment last Thursday and said after the first treatment we will likely see activity bc we are driving them out of hiding. But nothing, no signs. I'm also not deep cleaning bc if they are still here I wanna know and I want my PCO to know. Is it possible they are gone? That quick?

2. Poiqm

Account Closed

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Feb 23 2017 1:38:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Was the bed treated with a steamer after you removed the encasements?

Account closed
  3. CantStopCrying

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Feb 23 2017 7:15:36
    #

Login to Send PM

No, I don't own one....unless the PCO did it? Every inch and every crevis was vacuumed. I know the PCO treated the beds and box springs. When they did they said the found nothing. No live activity in the whole house. Second treatment is in just a few days, march 1.

4. Poiqm

Account Closed

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Feb 23 2017 18:06:17
    #

Login to Send PM

I think it's too soon to call yet since you saw a live one a week ago. Even if all adults & nymphs were cleared out during cleaning and the PCO visit, there could be missed eggs just hatching. And the whole house wasn't treated. But it sounds very positive!

Did they treat the room downstairs where your husband spends time?

(DISCLAIMER: I'm not a PCO.)

5. CantStopCrying

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Feb 24 2017 0:05:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Poiqm - 5 hours ago  » 
    I think it's too soon to call yet since you saw a live one a week ago. Even if all adults & nymphs were cleared out during cleaning and the PCO visit, there could be missed eggs just hatching. And the whole house wasn't treated. But it sounds very positive!
    Did they treat the room downstairs where your husband spends time?
    (DISCLAIMER: I'm not a PCO.)

NO, it's a cement basement so they said there is no need. They said it was very mild (only found one adult this entire time). But they did have him bring the chair he sits in up to be treated as a precaution. I know it's too soon to CALL it but when the PCO said it's common to see increased activity after treatment #1 I was fully expecting to see stuff and nothing! Again trying not to over clean though bc if they are still here I want PCO to find it so I'm not washing away the evidence. Even stopped washing bed linens every single day and the only thing I find if black fuzz from my husbands socks (let me tell you it sends me to a momentary panic!)

6. CantStopCrying

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Mar 1 2017 19:33:55
    #

Login to Send PM

PCO came today, no evidence at all. Being very cautiously optimistic. After all the horror stories I hear on here I don't want to celebrate for quite awhile but I'm starting to feel a bit better about the situation.

7. FayeState

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Mar 1 2017 19:44:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Can't may the good news continue and you can celebrate being bed bug-free.

8. CantStopCrying

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Fri Mar 10 2017 10:41:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Well it has been over a month since any type of sighting and almost a month and a half since the last bite. May the good news continue. One last follow up treatment on Tuesday. Hopefully once the pesticides wear off they don't come back with a vengeance!

I do continue to wake up out of a dead sleep with the slightest touch of a blanket over a leg hair or the slightest of itches. I'm so mentally drained from this whole thing....wonder how long it will take me to start sleeping right again?

9. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 month ago
    Fri Mar 10 2017 15:08:02
    #

Login to Send PM

CantStopCrying,
    I hope you are sleeping better soon and that your bed bugs are gone for good. Please update us again when you're ready and I will change this to a success story!

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  10. CantStopCrying

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Mar 14 2017 13:16:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Last treatment today. He even came in the snow and ice (I thought they would reschedule). No activity again. Says we should be in the clear but we have a 30 day warranty so he suggests not totally unpacking just in case. Part of me wants to unpack just in the event there is something in one of the bags that I unpack so that way it would covered in my warranty period. The other part of me does not want to do all of that prep work ever again!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

253,537 posts in 40,563 topics over 124 months by 17,751 of 18,112 members. Latest: gabbyr, waterhead, Brokegradstudent