Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

could these bites continue because of weak immune system?

(5 posts)
  1. needhelp

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Fri Jan 25 2008 3:41:19
    #

Login to Send PM

i am still getting these bites as i'm writing this and i've noticed my skin to see if any bugs have bitten me this afternoon. i have not found any bug on my body, yet i'm itching and getting new red spots.

does anyone besides me think that certain immune systems are more prone to getting bites over and over again? i feel like these bites are growing out of nowhere and that maybe it could be because the bugs bit me once and their bacteria or venom is still in my blood system.

my red spots have not stopped growing and it's been over a month and a half. how long have yours lasted for?

2. bugbasher

Posted 11 years ago
    Fri Jan 25 2008 7:33:29
    #

Login to Send PM

needhelp, Have you checked your mattress carefully? Take bedding off and check seams,looking for eggs or live bugs? You have to be thorough and have a flashlight and good eyesight or a magnifying glass.The egg clusters are white or clear looking but very small.You also could have a pco (exterminator) come and check.Another option is to stay up all night with flashlight in hand,or wake up periodically,grab the light and start scanning the perimiter.That method usually works if you have them.You should go to the doctor if nothing is found as you could have scabies or some other skin condition.If you do find any bugs,capture them for identification,then inform landlord or call 311 if in NY,if elsewhere and you rent find out who to report to if landlord does nothing about it.Good luck.

3. IveBeenBugged

Posted 11 years ago
    Sat Jan 26 2008 9:26:04
    #

Login to Send PM

As someone with a comprimised immune system it's not that I get bitten more it's that it takes longer for the bites to heal. I would also pay attention to exactly where your bites are in my case I have noticed that the BB's seem to prefer certain areas (my shoulder arm pits and sides of my torso) over all other areas. Occassional I will get biteen elsewhere (like the crack of my ass) but usually it's around the same locations.

It makes it hard to tell what are new bites and what are old. Mine usually got away in 2 to 3 weeks.

What do you mean by red spots growing? Are the bite areas actually increasing in size in the same spot after you've been bitten?

I usually never see when I am bitten or for that matter any bugs that often. It's annoying to suddenly notice bites and not know where in the apartment I got it at.

One last thing. If you have recently had any med changes it could also be the reason your breaking out in red spots. Check with you doc or a dermatologist if you haven't already it could be something else. For that matter it could also be nerves from the stres of having BB's.

4. IveBeenBugged

Posted 11 years ago
    Wed Feb 6 2008 20:07:02
    #

Login to Send PM

I have recently changed my thinking on how long it takes my bites to heal. After changing the lighting in my bathroom to a brighter light I now realize that I still have some bites that I know have been there at least a month possibly longer. They are just less noticable but still there.

Unfortunately I am half Irish and freckled it makes it harder for me to see the older bites. I was actually surprised how many are still there that I did not notice until I looked under a brighter light.

As far as I know they do not release bacteria or venom into ones system although they do release some type of pain reduced so you do not feel the bite.

5. annanicolaou

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Feb 12 2008 0:43:30
    #

Login to Send PM

I feel for you. I have had a pretty intense reaction to the bites as well, and its often hard to tell whether I am being overly optimistic (and assuming that these pains in my body are simply old bites) or if I should accept that I might still be getting bitten. I personally have had bites that are still going strong after 2+months. I have been treated by a PCO and have had a post inspection a few days ago in which they assured me they did ont find any signs of bugs. So I guess, for now, I will accept this and hope that my skin heals over time...

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,776 posts in 50,036 topics over 155 months by 21,875 of 22,360 members. Latest: Mikayah, maybeebedbugs, jnnafnlys01