(5 posts)
  1. psychologically_messed_up

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Sep 12 2017 19:33:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Brief overview:
    7/20/17: finally see one on my bed, admit the truth to myself, and start cleaning. Slept on the couch to get away.
    7/21: crap, the couch is ground zero, not the bed. Found that out the hard way. Spend the following week cleaning and killing, killing and cleaning. Dismantle and throw couch away after a few days.
    7/27: woke with no bites for the first time. Continue with cleaning and killing. Live out of bags. No sign of live bugs. Shampooed carpets x3.
    8/12: the horror! I found 2 live bugs. First seen in weeks. Killed. After those 2, nothing again.
    8/20: find and kill a bright red 1st instar.

Ive continued my daily checks, still launder everything every other day, vacuum regularly, and live out of bags and air tight bins. But, no bites since the 27th of July, no signs of bugs, live or dead in weeks, no sign of eggs or poop. I skimmed over the treatment above- but there were sprays and dustings.... my husband thinks we're safe, and can resume life as usual, I am prob psychologically damaged for life and still sleep with a light on. I can't allow myself to think it's over. It seemed too easy. Husband says the couch was the main source of infestation and throwing it away 'fixed it'. Could it really be over?

Edited to add- in the only one in a house of 5 that shows a severe, immediate reaction to bites. Seems they seek me out on purpose. A few others get tiny, mosquito bite like reactions, and others yet show no reaction at all. I think the fact that the BB's could be feasting on others that don't show signs is where my worry comes from. And the second I can afford 5 passive monitors, I'll be ordering them.

"When you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras" Theodore Woodward

I am, by no means, a pro. I'm simply a person that has had unfortunate luck, and somehow acquired the little guys.
    Any/all 'advice' I have to share is based on my own personal history and/or things I've read from the professionals on this site.
  2. Bedbugmom41

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Sep 12 2017 20:16:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Funny how we have a totally new definition of "easy"...
    I totally understand.

3. psychologically_messed_up

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Sep 12 2017 20:37:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Bedbugmom41 - 20 minutes ago  » 
    Funny how we have a totally new definition of "easy"...
    I totally understand.

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚right?? The weeks of sleepless nights and nonstop days.... were easy. But it's so true.

4. psychologically_messed_up

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Sep 14 2017 10:06:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Anyone? Thoughts?

5. bedbugsbugme

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Sep 14 2017 10:09:47
    #

Login to Send PM

If you can get inspected by a professional that would ease the mind. There is no way we can tell if you got rid of them all for sure. But fingers crossed!!

I'm not an expert. Just sharing what I learned from my experience.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

264,050 posts in 42,686 topics over 129 months by 18,734 of 19,281 members. Latest: Vincent601, bedbug, Why2Us