Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

could bites disappear within a few hours?

(5 posts)
  1. bugssuck123

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Nov 5 2007 12:24:02
    #

Login to Send PM

I know that people can have different reactions to bites, but has anyone ever heard of anything like this? Over the past 11-12 days, I've had 5 itchy, flesh colored bumps various places on my body, but never more than one at a time. They itch for a while, but after a few hours they disappear completely and leave no trace. There's absolutely no redness associated with them at all.

I don't have any reason to believe I have bed bugs (other than, hmm, extreme paranoia). I've checked the sheets, mattress, etc and haven't found any evidence of bugs.

What do you think?

2. parakeets

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Nov 5 2007 12:37:11
    #

Login to Send PM

I've had bedbug bites that disappear in a few hours, though most of mine last longer, some much longer.

What makes me wonder about your bites is the "flesh colored" and "one bite," not the fact that they disappear quickly. None of my bedbug bites were ever flesh colored, and they only occasionally were single bites. They almost always come in groups on me.

3. Lelaine

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Nov 5 2007 23:42:02
    #

Login to Send PM

That is interesting, bugssuck, because this weekend I had a bite (or something) that was a little hard bump, was mildly itchy, and only sort of pink. Then it went away in a couple of days. I gather I'm not one of those people with an allergic reaction to BB bites, so I'd be interested in hearing what bites have been like for other non-allergic people.

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Nov 5 2007 23:45:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Lots of people get non-itchy bites that disappear quickly, and lots of people usually get single bites (just like others usually get multiple bites).

I have heard some people describe flesh-colored bites, though it is unusual.

There are other possibilities, though.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  5. Bites44

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Nov 5 2007 23:46:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Lelaine, my bites are very small, only small pinpricks, and itch very little. They do stay for about a week. Mostly they occur on the inner arm, close to the elbow joint, and usually in groups of three. If they were biting me on the back, I would never know.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.