Cooking a room, aftermath

(9 posts)
  1. Damname

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Aug 31 2010 16:18:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Is it possible that after you cook a room that it will take a while for the leftover bugs to die due to heat damage to them? I have been checking the usual hiding places today and have found none. Not even the occasional one crawling around. Last night after cooking we found several.

any thoughts?

2. bbvictim2010

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Aug 31 2010 17:43:53
    #

Login to Send PM

It means the thermal treatment FAILED!

3. Callisto

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Aug 31 2010 17:52:56
    #

Login to Send PM

It's possible that since you tried to do it yourself and just to the bedroom that you may have driven them deeper into the walls in search of cooler places. If it didn't kill them all, then they may have spread to adjoining rooms and/or new hiding places :S.

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Sep 1 2010 2:09:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Damname - 9 hours ago  » 
    Is it possible that after you cook a room that it will take a while for the leftover bugs to die due to heat damage to them? I have been checking the usual hiding places today and have found none. Not even the occasional one crawling around. Last night after cooking we found several.
    any thoughts?

I am really sorry you are suffering from bed bugs, and even more sorry that you tried a DIY heat treatment (for anyone who missed the other thread, it is described in more detail here.)

The answer to your question is no. As others noted, the presence of any live bed bugs after heat treatment is a sign that it failed.

Unfortunately, heat treatment is NOT something you can do yourself. Not only is it dangerous, but it will not work to kill bed bugs. It sounds like you pushed them around and encouraged them to spread in your home.

You really need help with this if at all possible, and you need to know your rights where the rental situation is concerned. Please see the other thread for some suggestions.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  5. ThermaPro

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Nov 22 2010 0:08:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Never , ever try this method with . Burning down your home is always worse than life with bed bugs.

Call a professional

6. Buggy306

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Aug 1 2012 20:56:47
    #

Login to Send PM

So what do you do if no one in the state you live in does thermal treatments. I've spent over 1500 just on chemical treatments. No luck. I've tried self treatment with baits and that has slowed them down. However each room room I have treated has ended up worst than before.

7. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Aug 1 2012 22:38:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Buggy306 - 1 hour ago  » 
    So what do you do if no one in the state you live in does thermal treatments. I've spent over 1500 just on chemical treatments. No luck. I've tried self treatment with baits and that has slowed them down. However each room room I have treated has ended up worst than before.

Can you tell us what state you're in?

Also, I have never heard of baits used for treating bed bugs. What did you use?

8. endless_nightmare

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Aug 1 2012 23:23:54
    #

Login to Send PM

wow, self heat treatment, I don't think I'd try that, yet

what Callisto is describing is exactly what happened to me after I got a "professional" heat treatment here

their hiding place was deep and they kept coming back

Andrea
    not a PCO
    Spinal Cord Injury Advocacy/Volunteer
  9. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Aug 2 2012 12:51:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Buggy306 - 15 hours ago  » 

If you're "out on a limb" with no local resources, then perhaps you can empower yourself with a comprehensive guide to bed bugs, such as Paul Bello's "Combat Guide", or one from our Resources page, like this one.

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night...
    - Psalms 91:5-7

(Not an pro)

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

200,000 posts in 31,004 topics over 94 months by 13,440 of 20,847 members. Latest: cmslookingforbugs, Mellisa, midnightfeast