Convectex Heat Treatment

(4 posts)
  1. idealist

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Apr 18 2017 16:49:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Does anyone have any info on this company "Convectex"? My family owns a hotel and they're thinking about purchasing it for their hotel. They may give it to me to use as well.

https://www.convectex.com/collections/diy-home-owner-bed-bug-heat-packages

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Apr 18 2017 16:54:37
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm not a fan of electric heaters used for this purpose, I find them too slow in bringing up the core temperature.
    Heat treatments are not something that I would want to teach myself, especially when business and reputation are involved.

Bird dreams are not admissible in court.
  3. F. Pazos

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Apr 18 2017 23:26:36
    #

Login to Send PM

You can use the same answer I gave you in your last post.
    Electric heaters DO work, but it is not that easy to do and you could end up damaging the hotel, something like blowing up the electric installation and getting an electric fire....
    Again, we use electric heaters and did a huge amount of research before we reached a set up that actually worked.

Once you seem so interested in a DIY heat treatment, the best advice i can give you is not to do it.

We do not usually advice hotels to perform heat treatments except when they have very high level of infestations as the heat treatment would give fast but not durable results.

Professional PCO based in Hong Kong specialized in Bed Bugs.
  4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Apr 19 2017 6:23:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

You might want to advise them to wait till they have read the chapter I have written for "advances in the biology and management of the modern bed bug" on best practice in hotels because the way to win with bed bugs is to fight the battle before it gets to the guest complaint level.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

255,578 posts in 40,931 topics over 125 months by 17,911 of 18,303 members. Latest: hunkamunka, jt90808, Ihbb9