Confusion on Bed Bug Dedection

(19 posts)
  1. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Sep 21 2017 16:59:53
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm confused. Not sure if bed bugs were introduced into my house 5 weeks ago. I have David Cain's passive monitors set up on the couch and beds which are used and they have been clean. Given that, how likely is it that bed bugs would take up residence in frames and box spring covers and inside the couch? When would they choose those instead of a monitor? Should I still try to find some one who can help me check those out? The PCO's I've talked to don't take apart frames as part of an inspection.
    Thanks.

2. bugged-cdn

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Sep 21 2017 17:07:19
    #

Login to Send PM

What makes you think they were introduced?

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Sep 21 2017 17:47:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Exactly what makes you think you have bed bugs when the most reliable detection method in the world says your clear?

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  4. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Sep 22 2017 10:25:37
    #

Login to Send PM

A few things. Not sure if installed correctly, especially on the couch, so therefore, may not work properly. It is a couch that is slept on. This is the picture: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151163196@N05/36920759756/in/dateposted-public/ Her head is on the section where the pillow is and the white paper on the floor indicates where underneath the couch the monitor is. After reading another post today, I think I may need to move the monitor. Do I need to move it and please let me know exactly to where? I am not good at looking at general pictures so if you could tell me using my picture that would be great. I am super confused.

Second, about two weeks ago, found a red dot which wiped off on my nose. Have read that if bed bugs overeat they spit out extra blood so thinking may be that. I never remember having a red dot on my nose like that before.

Third, found some blood spots on the back of a tee shirt sleep in a couple weeks ago. Most on lower back which may be from my back and then a little big on the bottom of the t-shirt on the rim which doesn't touch my back correctly.

Therefore, these are my concerns. Checked the monitor on my bed last night and still clear. That's why wondering if bed bugs are in my bed but decided to live elsewhere for some weird reason.

5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Sep 22 2017 13:09:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

No that is installed correctly.

For the absolute last time "red blood" does not confirm bed bugs.

I am sorry to say this but while I appreciate you have anxiety issues I do not get the feeling that our interactions are helping your anxiety and frankly you have managed to repeatedly raise my blood pressure so this will be my last post reply to you.

You need to go and see a therapist to work through your anxiety issues which appear to be aggravated by your reading things here. I am simply not prepared to contribute to that any further.

David

6. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Sep 22 2017 13:13:09
    #

Login to Send PM

David, actually your interactions with me have helped me. I am sorry if I am raising your blood pressure and will try not to in the future. Please, continue answering my questions, and I will try to not raise your pressure since I don't want to. I went to a therapist for my anxiety issues and it turned out to make them worse.

7. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Sep 22 2017 13:15:51
    #

Login to Send PM

You should step away from this forum, it's not helping your anxiety at all and seems to be contributing to your unhealthy viewpoint.

8. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Sep 22 2017 13:17:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Bigdummy,
    Just got a possible exposure 5 1/2 weeks ago is why returned. It was after a visit to a therapist to discuss anxiety about bed bugs and she had bugs in her office.

9. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Sep 22 2017 13:22:24
    #

Login to Send PM

FayeState:
    "Second, about two weeks ago, found a red dot which wiped off on my nose. Have read that if bed bugs overeat they spit out extra blood so thinking may be that. I never remember having a red dot on my nose like that before."
    "Therefore, these are my concerns. Checked the monitor on my bed last night and still clear. That's why wondering if bed bugs are in my bed but decided to live elsewhere for some weird reason."

Where do you find things like this to read? Bed bugs can't spit. Defecating or release of excess blood fluid occurs out their rear end. Why do you think bed bugs decide so much. You're giving them too much credit. They are not going to behave so differently if they are in your home from what happens in every other home that is infested by them. Everything you find you attribute to bed bugs. You can stop.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  10. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Sep 22 2017 13:23:12
    #

Login to Send PM

I work at a shelter, I process all incoming belongings of our guests on a daily basis, I am in constant, daily contact with infested clothing. I have been doing this for over five years now and have not brought a single bed bug home.
    There are always going to be possible exposures to bed bugs, the reality is that a very small number of these exposures turn out to spread an infestation.
    You are torturing yourself for no good reason, you should leave the forum for your own sake.

11. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Sep 22 2017 13:24:50
    #

Login to Send PM

FayeState - 7 minutes ago  » 
    Bigdummy,
    Just got a possible exposure 5 1/2 weeks ago is why returned. It was after a visit to a therapist to discuss anxiety about bed bugs and she had bugs in her office.

Was it a positive ID from the insects in her office?

12. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Sep 22 2017 13:32:57
    #

Login to Send PM

No, she refuses to acknowledge a problem. Any recommendations? Should have kept my bed bug anxiety where it was, but everyone says get counseling - yeah, right.

13. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Sep 22 2017 13:35:59
    #

Login to Send PM

FayeState - 2 minutes ago  » 
    No, she refuses to acknowledge a problem. Any recommendations?

Then it might not have been a bed bug after all. She needs to see a therapist.

14. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Sep 22 2017 13:36:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Convenient that your therapist developed a bed bug issue that also remained unconfirmed.
    Are you just refusing to see the pattern here?

15. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Sep 22 2017 13:40:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Not necessarily a pattern. She has many patients and was on her couch. Acted surprised about bug but I wonder. Wish I had the sample.

16. bugged-cdn

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Sep 22 2017 16:46:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Why do you think this bug on her couch was a bed bug?

17. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Sep 22 2017 19:45:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Why not - it is my understanding bed bugs are often on couches.

18. psychologically_messed_up

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Sep 22 2017 20:13:02
    #

Login to Send PM

FayeState - 22 minutes ago  » 
    Why not - it is my understanding bed bugs are often on couches.

I do believe that just about any bug could be found on a couch. Crawling, flying, brought in on another person... on my couch, in my own home, I’ve seen spiders, flies, lady bugs, carpet beetles, ants, rolly polys, book lice... obviously not all at the same time, but still. Just because it’s indoors doesn’t mean it’s a bed bug. I’m not a pro with bb’s, but I am a medical professional, and I do worry about your psychological health based on posts I’ve seen here over the course of the past 2 months. While I can appreciate the anxiety that bb’s cause, I believe yours is being worsened by constant reading and researching about these bugs. It’s not good for you to be in a constant state of fear- your cortisol levels are likely through the roof. Take a spa day, rest and relax, and put the bugs out of your mind.

"When you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras" Theodore Woodward

I am, by no means, a pro. I'm simply a person that has had unfortunate luck, and somehow acquired the little guys.
    Any/all 'advice' I have to share is based on my own personal history and/or things I've read from the professionals on this site.
    My profession is medical, which is where I am confident in any advice I give, however rare it may be.
  19. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Sep 23 2017 9:28:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for your concern - I'm not a spa relaxing type of person.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,330 posts in 50,174 topics over 155 months by 21,930 of 22,427 members. Latest: nomorecreepycrawlies, buggerboo, Ctired14