concerned momma

(7 posts)
  1. theonlyone55

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Jul 12 2014 10:19:01
    #

Login to Send PM

So for the last month I've had these "bites" or red bumps show up on my torso. I have a king size bed that I share with my fiance and our 4 month old son. They are not getting any "bites" so my concern is whether or not I have bed bugs or not. I took my sheet and mattress cover off breached them in hot water and vaccumed my mattress. I saw no signs anywhere even after lifting the mattress. The bumps don't itch but some hurt a little but only when rubbed. I'm at a loss right now and have no clue what it could be. its also only showing up where I put pressure I sleep in my stomach and that's where they are and where my sports bra sits. and and the crease when I lay on my side in between my waist and web

2. theonlyone55

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Jul 12 2014 10:21:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry about the bad spelling and grammer. My phone hates me.

3. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Jul 12 2014 10:23:25
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm not an expert but that doesn't sound like bedbugs. You may want to get a monitoring device just to be sure

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  4. theonlyone55

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Jul 12 2014 10:58:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Well I was going to post a pic but it won't let me. I have no allergies to anything. I guess I'll. have to go to the doc and ask bc it started out as a couple when that started a month ago . now theyare all over my stomach chest and sides.

5. buggyinsyracuse

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Jul 12 2014 12:14:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Like TAOT said, it doesn't sound like bed bugs, and you can't diagnose bed bugs from skin reactions. If you post a picture that is the response you will get.

Read the FAQs on how to detect bed bugs. You need evidence of the following:
    - bugs
    - shed skins
    - fecal

Of course, like TAOT said, a passive monitor is good for peace of mind.

6. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Jul 12 2014 13:44:16
    #

Login to Send PM

These are the instructions for posting a photo. As noted above, posting a photo of skin reactions won't help. However, if you find what you think are bed bugs or fecal stains (which will be present if bed bugs are, and are often found first), it's worth posting one.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  7. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Jul 12 2014 14:10:46
    #

Login to Send PM

If you have a 4 month old, there are skin changes during and after pregnancy. If it is all over your stomach and chest, that doesn't sound like bedbugs since they tend to bite more exposed areas, and not under a sport bra. I should have been clear that you can't diagnose from bites, because bedbug "bites" are an allergic reaction. That's why some people won't have "bites".

Good luck.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

270,586 posts in 44,061 topics over 134 months by 19,297 of 19,927 members. Latest: sobernoodles, ridmybedbugs, Napier99