CO2 tank output

(3 posts)
  1. Poiqm

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Jan 10 2017 13:40:31
    #

Login to Send PM

I apologize if this has been asked, I can't seem to figure out how to search the forum history.

I'm not having luck with the yeast/sugar CO2 traps because the yeast isn't fermenting for some reason. Dry ice is too complicated for me to obtain and store so I will be getting a CO2 tank to provide CO2 to the traps. I've watched umpteen videos on using tanks to provide CO2 for aquariums and indoor gardens so I feel like I can set up a tank with confidence. But I'm missing one piece of the puzzle... what rate should I set the output CO2 at to mimic human breathing and attract the bed bugs to the trap?

2. Poiqm

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Jan 10 2017 23:09:58
    #

Login to Send PM

I found this nugget of info but not sure what to do with it.

Sleeping person respiration: 0.3 cubic meters per hour (m3/h)
    Sleeping person CO2 emission: 0.013 cubic meters per hour (m3/h)

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Jan 11 2017 8:38:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

The issue is not one of output.

I get great catch with the Beacon but understand that changes in the quality of the mix used occurs if I make my own. I also know that changing the bottle shape can effect the efficiency. This is why I stick to the finished product, because it gives me the results I am looking for.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bedbug infestations in domestic and commercial settings. The patent numbers are GB2463953 and GB2470307.

I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for comments I make about products which are all offered because of their technical merits.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

247,810 posts in 39,678 topics over 120 months by 17,395 of 17,704 members. Latest: bbsareconsumingmylife, heather68, Oakland