CO2 tank output

(3 posts)
  1. Poiqm

Account Closed

Posted 4 months ago
    Tue Jan 10 2017 13:40:31
    #

Login to Send PM

I apologize if this has been asked, I can't seem to figure out how to search the forum history.

I'm not having luck with the yeast/sugar CO2 traps because the yeast isn't fermenting for some reason. Dry ice is too complicated for me to obtain and store so I will be getting a CO2 tank to provide CO2 to the traps. I've watched umpteen videos on using tanks to provide CO2 for aquariums and indoor gardens so I feel like I can set up a tank with confidence. But I'm missing one piece of the puzzle... what rate should I set the output CO2 at to mimic human breathing and attract the bed bugs to the trap?

Account closed
  2. Poiqm

Account Closed

Posted 4 months ago
    Tue Jan 10 2017 23:09:58
    #

Login to Send PM

I found this nugget of info but not sure what to do with it.

Sleeping person respiration: 0.3 cubic meters per hour (m3/h)
    Sleeping person CO2 emission: 0.013 cubic meters per hour (m3/h)

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 months ago
    Wed Jan 11 2017 8:38:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

The issue is not one of output.

I get great catch with the Beacon but understand that changes in the quality of the mix used occurs if I make my own. I also know that changing the bottle shape can effect the efficiency. This is why I stick to the finished product, because it gives me the results I am looking for.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

255,211 posts in 40,861 topics over 124 months by 17,884 of 18,268 members. Latest: stinger92193, e1617, Riles