Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Tools/ideas for fighting bed bugs

Climbup ® Interceptors

(3 posts)
  1. aaghbugs

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Sep 7 2010 23:57:12
    #

Login to Send PM

I see the Climbup ® Interceptors featured on this site now, but looking at them I have one question. It claims two wells to capture the bugs and tell you where they are coming from, but the center well contains the bed leg. So why wouldn't a bed bug just eventually crawl back up the leg of the bed instead of staying in the center well? I don't see this problem for the outer well.

2. Callisto

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Sep 8 2010 2:19:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

apparently there's nothing to stop them from climbing back up the legs according to the manufacturer's FAQ. I guess they're saying that since the bugs are trying to flee the furniture in the first place, they might not want to get back on it that badly? Anyway, they do work for bugs trying to get onto the furniture. i wouldn't have known for sure whether the bugs were still around if I hadn't put them on the futon, and i can feel confident that they can't get me there

3. bittennyc

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Sep 8 2010 19:53:37
    #

Login to Send PM

I know this is a little crazy -- but what I did to solve this problem was to get both the Climb Ups and the Bed Bug Barrier and place the bed legs inside the Bed Bug Barrier and then the Bed Bug Barrier inside the Climb Ups. That way anything trying to escape from the bed would get stuck in the sticky part of the Bed Bug Barrier. Also, I coated the bottom of my bed legs with baby powder so that they'd slip down and not be able to climb back up the legs.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

192,922 posts in 29,755 topics over 91 months by 12,863 of 20,153 members. Latest: paranoiditch, Bentham, CyberAndroid