Chances of bed bugs in my acoustic guitar

(3 posts)
  1. stanroe

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Jun 18 2017 13:22:14
    #

Login to Send PM

so, i was in a summer rental for 2 weeks before i found bites on my body and bed bugs. My guitar was standing against a wall a few feet from the bed. Its a classical guitar so it doesnt have a pick guard and is laminated. They found 3-4 bed bugs in the mattress.

My question is, what are the chances there are bed bugs inside my guitar? Would they want to crawl in there? The guitar was left inside the apartment for 2 days after the landlord sprayed some pesticide as well.

I had to move to a new place, so what took everything i owned and gave it to a service for treating bed bugs (basically like a bed bug laundry service) and I bought a new shirt and shorts. The only thing I took from the apartment was my guitar, but now i'm worried.

2. Livingagain

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Jun 19 2017 9:26:55
    #

Login to Send PM

It would be hard for anyone to say. You could bag it up with Nuvan strips, Cirkil rag in a bag or isolate it with Cimexa surrounding it for a few weeks.

3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Jun 19 2017 9:29:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Sounds like a low level infestation; chances are that they wouldn't want to harbor in your guitar.

What whispers the whisker?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

261,292 posts in 42,113 topics over 127 months by 18,485 of 18,971 members. Latest: Completely terrified, Worried99, K_p