Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Cell phone & Wallet

(6 posts)
  1. jonathap

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Oct 8 2010 15:10:23
    #

Login to Send PM

There are two things I logically have to take almost everywhere with me, bed bugs or no bed bugs and they are my cell phone and my wallet. One of these items—the cell phone—typically sits near my bed while I sleep as well, for the purpose of receiving emergency calls, etc. I don't have a LAN line and can't afford one. I am very early in my bed bug infestation and am just now taking steps. But I'm not sure how to account for these items which may already be infested and which I need all the time. What do other people do?

The other thing I use all the time (and take EVERYWHERE) is my laptop, but I am starting to come around to the possibility that my laptop may have just turned into a de facto desktop.

By the way, hello everyone. This my first post (but probably not my last...)

-Jon

2. EllaBlue

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Oct 8 2010 15:36:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi jon...I have heard about bb getting into laptops. You could send it out to be checked. I know..who really wants to make that call. Of course I would think the infestation must be bad for the bb to want to hide in the laptop, but then again it does generate heat.

I have never gotten them but had ONE CLOSE CALL a few years ago. We were just starting to hear about them then. I left the apartment because my neighbor was BADLY infested and well that situation WAS complicated. Everything I owned went into a COLD storage facility for a long winter's nap! I stayed with a friend and brought NOTHING, except ALL new clothes.

I feel for you and I am SO sorry that you or anyone else has to deal with this. The whole bb thing is out of control and help is needed!!!

Please keep us posted okay?
    Glad you joined us as you will get a lot of support here!!

3. jonathap

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Oct 8 2010 15:45:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Ella: thanks for your sympathies re: the laptop!

That said, if the laptop is infected for now, so be it, so is my house, and I'll keep the laptop in my house. My first priority is not spreading it.

But anybody else got a method for managing day to day cell phone/wallet transportation? I can't leave home without these things.

4. WestSide22

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Oct 8 2010 16:10:22
    #

Login to Send PM

I stuck mine in little ziplock baggies, like the freezer-size ones.

5. bbpsych

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Oct 8 2010 16:12:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Jon, I feel the same way about my purse and phone. When I'm at home, I keep my purse in a sealed Ziploc bag and only take it out of the bag when I'm ready to leave the house. I also inspect and Packtite it periodically. I also keep my phone by the bed because I use it as an alarm clock. At first I didn't think much of it until I read more and more about BBs and learned how they can get themselves into the tiniest spaces. Ever since, I've kept my phone in a sealed Ziploc on my nightstand when I sleep. I can still hear it through the bag, etc. This might not be the way to go, and I'm always open to other suggestions, but I just thought I'd share.

6. bbpsych

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Oct 8 2010 16:15:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh! I also forgot to mention what I do with my laptop. I keep it in a sealed bag when I'm not using it, and I typically don't take it any place. I'm moving and plan to get my belongings treated with Vikane in my moving truck. I believe I've read electronics are Vikane-able, so I'll be putting my laptop in the truck as well. If it turns out it can't be treated, I plan to have a canine inspect it, along with everything else I can't treat in the moving truck. If you search the forums, you'll find all kinds of ideas for how to treat a laptop.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.