Can't get rid of them

(3 posts)
  1. deathbybedbugs

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sat Oct 7 2017 22:02:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Since last year in June I have been dealing with bed bugs. Last summer I called in the exterminator our building provides, and they came twice. The bugs stopped after a while and eventually stopped completely. From September 2016 to May 2017 I didn't see a single bug. But on June 2nd this year I saw one in the bathroom, and from then on they began to appear again, usually one or two per week. I reported it to the land lord again and he sent the exterminators back, who barely did anything besides spray here and there, they weren't thorough at all. They came twice again and that's it. Now I still have been seeing them, usually one per week, I write down whenever I see one. The issue is I am a teenager and live with my mother still, and I can't call an exterminator that will do a thorough job and take care of the problem. I have washed the clothes and put them in the dryer, put DE everywhere, cleaned the rooms, and put mattress covers on every mattress in the house. I also rarely see them in my room, usually in the bathroom and kitchen. I initially suspected it was coming from the upstairs neighbor, and my suspicions were confirmed by the exterminator who said he was going up there as well. I don't understand how I'll ever be able to get rid of them, because even though I can say to the landlord that neighboring units need to be treated as well, he'll just send the same exterminators that spray a few times and leave, basically having no effect. So the bugs from upstairs will just continue to come into my apartment regardless if I get the apartment treated professionally, or get rid of them on my own. I just wanted to know if anyone had some advice or a solution to give me. None of my family members have a big concern with the bugs, I'm the only one actively trying to solve the problem

2. mp7ski

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sat Oct 7 2017 22:18:10
    #

Login to Send PM

I feel for you... what an unfortunate situation for a young person to be dealing with. I don't really have much advice, you seem like an intelligent person who has done thier research on your situation. Exhaust all options and if it continues, just do your best to keep them out of your room and your stuff and then move when you are old enough. You may take them with you, but put yourself in a better position to deal with them. Try and not take them with you by all means, but also make sure you'll be in a better situation if you do take them with you. Good luck

I am not an expert, any advice I give should be considered as amateur advice and not taken as fact. I mean well with all my posts and try to give back. If you plan on using any of my advice, I suggest doing research into said advice to make sure it is in your best interest.
    Study on Thermal Death Points(pages 18-29 of pdf) : http://www.propanecouncil.org/uploadedFiles/Council/Research_and_Development/REP_12221%20Efficacy%20of%20Heat%20on%20Bed%20Bugs.pdf
    Study on Cimexa: http://www.pctonline.com/article/pct0814-silica-gel-research-bed-bugs/
  3. bugshipcrazy

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sun Oct 8 2017 15:23:18
    #

Login to Send PM

My husband believes I am making it all up in my head, so I understand how it feels to live with someone who is not bothered by it. I live in a single family home with three young children- we all get bit, my husband has no reactions or hides them from me.

Anyhow, I would advise you to wash and dry your clothes and then put them in plastic bags. I keep all of our clothes in plastic bags. I also bagged everything I don't need (frames, books, etc, and just put in attic or closets. I don't plan on opening them for at least two years, and definitely not until the bites stop. These are things I don't need in the near future, but I still want or have any type of value to me. You can also put nuvan pro strips in plastic bags for items that can't go in the dryer. Just make sure you read the directions and follow them, as they are a chemical that is used to kill.

Also, vacuum daily. It's a terrible, tiring battle. Trying to get your family on board would be helpful, but if you can't do the best you can for yourself. Bag your stuff, DE cracks/floorboards, vacuum. You can call another PCO and ask questions and get advice. I've spoken to many throughout this nightmare, and I've never had anyone not give advice. They will charge to treat, but most will come do an inspection for free. I would look into some reputable places in your area and make some calls.

I wish you the best. This entire nightmare has ruined my life. I wouldn't wish it upon anyone.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

265,621 posts in 43,065 topics over 129 months by 18,896 of 19,457 members. Latest: Bugtimore, Paranoid34, terrifieddd