Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Psychological and Health problems caused by bed bugs (besides bites)

Can't eat, can't sleep - bed bugs, carpet beetles & roaches

(3 posts)
  1. austiedaltie

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Mar 15 2017 19:27:17
    #

Login to Send PM

I really need some help! I after many days of not sleeping sitting up 24/7 researching the internet have determined that we have a small bed bug infestation a huge carpet beetle problem and roaches in the kitchen. We moved into this apartment building July 2016 to save money so we could buy a house.. WE DID NOT HAVE ANY BUGS AT ALL. The first thing I found were bed bugs. So that is why that problem has been kept to a minimum. powders and washed and dried clothes constantly and sprays, trying to get rid of the bed bugs. Then we kept seeing these little white jelly looking tiny larva which I assumed were baby bed bugs. I would go to work and feel like I was being eaten alive inside my cloths all day. Would go to the bathroom constantly checking for bed bugs. I was going crazy. So a week or so ago my boyfriend got very sick and was put in the hospital. I got out of the shower and was getting dressed. When I was pulling up my jeans and felt this terrible pain in 2 spots on my knee. I jerked my pants off and there were two black/brown bugs halfway imbedded in my knee.
    When I went to pull them off it was sort of difficult to pull them out of my skin. There was holes in my knee where the bugs had been. I through them in the toilet out of shear terror. Then went over my entire body.
    I had to leave to go to the hospital. When I got back late that night, I started going thru the house. The more I did, the more "bites" or "scrapes" or whatever I was having. I again took off clothes and the white jelly like things were burrowing under my skin as well as these grey ones that looked like dust bunnies. They are in all of our clean clothes in the closets in all the dressers. They are everywhere. I then freaked out and went to buy a huge amount of 91% alcohol. I came back and got in the shower and there were hundreds of these white and grey bugs in my skin. I took the alcohol and put in a spray bottle and just started scrubbing head to toe. It seems to have worked. I am so freaked out that I don't even know what to do. I have called a professional exterminator to come tomorrow, but I still have my doubts that they will get rid of them.
    Then on top of that, the apartment upstairs opens their door and there was a 100 roaches right there for me to see, We have those too. I am beside myself. I can't sleep, I can't eat. I think I am going crazy trying to keep these things away from me and my kids. I mean I think I slept an entire 10 hours all of last week and when I got on the scale the other day I am down to 85 pounds! I FEEL LIKE I AM DROWNDING. I have never had bugs before and I don't like them. I am obviously not dealing with them very well. The apartment complex will not do anything. We came here to save to buy a house and I have spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars trying to fight them. I have even seen bugs in my truck and ca They canr.
    Please help me! I can not stand the thought of bugs crawling inside me and now they have started on my 5 year old daughter. I stayed up sitting next to her on the couch while she slept last night so I could try to keep all these things off of her.
    Oh and here is the thing. My boyfriend and 11 year old son are not affected by any of this. No bed bug bites, and nothing from the carpet beetles. The beetle bug hairs can be all over there clothes and it doesn't sting them, bite them, or burrow in them.

My main question is how do I keep these burrowing bugs out of me and daughter and the ones that are already in me that won't come out. The strange thing is, they are not bothering my boyfriend or my son. Just us girls! they can have bugs on their clothes and they do not bother them! They attack me constantly. I feel like I am going insane!!!!

2. barelyliving

Posted 6 days ago
    Thu Mar 16 2017 9:59:43
    #

Login to Send PM

I think people don't know where to start on this to help you.

1) Bed bugs don't burrow into you, so you don't need to worry about that. If you have bugs burrowing into you it's scabies or something else.

2) Some people don't react to bed bug bites, so if you really have them, your boyfriend and son might be getting bitten, but not show it.

3) Your landlord has to treat for the pests, if he won't then there should be an agency that you can report him to.

4) Some powders and sprays work against bed bugs, some don't. Same goes for roaches, but I think baits are the most effective for them. No idea about carpet beetles. Why don't you tell us what you have been using and we can tell you if it should work. Cleaning and vacuuming and should be helpful for all the problems, though.

5) No idea about the white and grey jelly things you're talking about, did the pest control guy have any idea?

6) Take it one step at a time and just do your best. This situation stresses everyone out, it's tough, but just take it one step at a time.

3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 6 days ago
    Thu Mar 16 2017 14:04:48
    #

Login to Send PM

austiedaltie:
    "The first thing I found were bed bugs. So that is why that problem has been kept to a minimum. powders and washed and dried clothes constantly and sprays, trying to get rid of the bed bugs. Then we kept seeing these little white jelly looking tiny larva which I assumed were baby bed bugs. I would go to work and feel like I was being eaten alive inside my cloths all day. Would go to the bathroom constantly checking for bed bugs. I was going crazy. So a week or so ago my boyfriend got very sick and was put in the hospital. I got out of the shower and was getting dressed. When I was pulling up my jeans and felt this terrible pain in 2 spots on my knee. I jerked my pants off and there were two black/brown bugs halfway imbedded in my knee.
    When I went to pull them off it was sort of difficult to pull them out of my skin. There was holes in my knee where the bugs had been.
    When I got back late that night, I started going thru the house. The more I did, the more "bites" or "scrapes" or whatever I was having. I again took off clothes and the white jelly like things were burrowing under my skin as well as these grey ones that looked like dust bunnies. They are in all of our clean clothes in the closets in all the dressers. They are everywhere. I then freaked out and went to buy a huge amount of 91% alcohol. I came back and got in the shower and there were hundreds of these white and grey bugs in my skin. I took the alcohol and put in a spray bottle and just started scrubbing head to toe. It seems to have worked. I am so freaked out that I don't even know what to do. I have called a professional exterminator to come tomorrow, but I still have my doubts that they will get rid of them."
    Were bed bugs diagnosed from these items you found or were actual bed bugs found? What you have described above has nothing to do with bed bugs.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

251,665 posts in 40,194 topics over 122 months by 17,600 of 17,935 members. Latest: Code9, Blackbird13, Kvakalyabra