Can you have bed bugs and not get bitten?(3 posts)
About a year and a half ago I was at a friend's house sitting on their bed watching movies when I saw a small red bug crawl up the wall. It creeped me out but I didn't think too much about it until later that night when my arm got really itchy and I saw three HUGE bug bites in a linear pattern on my arm. I left immediately and went home. I didn't realize that they could hitch a ride on you at that time so I took off my clothes, put them in the hamper next to my bed and sat down and started messing around my my laptop....something caught my eye and I saw a red bug like the one at his house! I killed it, moved my bed away from the walls, stripped my bed and washed all bedding and clothing.
I have never had any more bites. There are four others in my home, and none of them have had any bites either. Like I said, it's been
Well, there are a few things going on that suggest we may be infested:
1. My daughter's sheets have a few little black spots on them...however I applied water and they did not smear.
2. I have little black crusty things all over my bed (I suspect could be from my cat).
3. I have found decent sized blood spots on my bed...bright red and only wear my cat sleeps...thinking she may have scratched herself or pulled a nail out.
4. There are medium sized reddish brown spots on my mattress but they have an appearance as though they are only surface deep.
5. Lifted my mattress up and underneath at the top right corner there are a few reddish brown stains again.
6. A pillow I have fell to the side of my bed and has been there for quite some time, finally picked it up and it had a few bright red blood spots.
7. There's a huge stain on my mattress, rusty color but I do recall spilling coke on my mattress about 2 years ago.
Can we have bed bugs and not have any bites? There are signs in my room and my daughter's and we have not bites and I'm not sure if my mom and dad have signs in their room but they have not had bites either.
Bite responses are variable as you can see from the bite primer FAQ.
In short yes its possible to have bedbugs even in large numbers are not no-one to respond to the bites with a skin reaction. You are technically still bitten its just that you show no signs.
This is why bedbugs can be spread so easily and why some people only discover them when they are quite advanced such as the hotel that says it cant be bedbugs because the last guest who just left did not complain. They were most likley bitten and just did not respond.
If you take pictures of what you have found we can help you confirm what is going on.
Bed Bugs LimitedIf you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.
In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
I was thinking the same thing about the different reaction but when I was at my friends house and the bug bit me I had an insanely intense reaction. Woke up with three enormous bites, they welted up, got hot...I really reacted to it. I would think that if I had bugs and most of the signs are in my room that I'd be reacting or would have at least reacted once or twice more if nothing else.
http://s1166.photobucket.com/albums/q605/nessani28/?action=view¤t=100_2669.jpg <-- Large stain I was talking about
http://s1166.photobucket.com/albums/q605/nessani28/?action=view¤t=100_2668.jpg <-- black spots on pillow
http://s1166.photobucket.com/albums/q605/nessani28/?action=view¤t=100_2665.jpg <-- small spot on mattress and the ones under the mattress look similar
http://s1166.photobucket.com/albums/q605/nessani28/?action=view¤t=100_2664.jpg <-- spots on my little girls sheets.
You must log in to post.