Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Can you feel a bed bug bite?

(1 post)
  1. skyler074

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Aug 18 2008 10:24:30
    #

Login to Send PM

I think I have bed bugs. About three days ago I started feeling little pricks which were followed by a small red welt (about the size of a pin head). The first two days the bites weren't happening that often. On the third day, I felt them all day and when I went to bed that night it was awful! I laid there getting bit and scratching for 20 minutes before my husband turned on the light to see what was going on. I was covered in little red itchy bumps and I think that whatever it was got in my nails when I scratched and spread it. I got up took a shower (which made me feel better) took some benadryl which knocked me out and I went to sleep. In the morning I had no bumps. That day every now and then I felt a few bites that were followed by the welt and itchiness but I tried not to scratch and carried on with my day. When I went to bed last night the same thing happened. I got up took a benadryl only this time it didn't really work, the only thing it did was make me sleepy enough to dose off and ignore the bites. I called Orkin today to try and get some one over to see if I had bed bugs and she said that I wouldn't be able to feel the bites so I don't have bed bugs. She thinks I have dust mites and need to thoroughly clean the house and change the filters. I still think I have bed bugs. Does anyone that forsure knows they have bed bugs feel a little prick (not really painful more annoying) when they get bit? Also my husband isn't getting bit at all, just me.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

201,819 posts in 31,276 topics over 95 months by 13,528 of 14,306 members. Latest: Camoo, nobedbugs, PolkaBox