Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

Can they live in your car?

(6 posts)
  1. jb2007

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Sep 15 2007 16:35:46
    #

Login to Send PM

I wanted to know if anyone has had an experience where bedbugs appear to be in their car, like under the pedals when they are driving? If so, how would you get rid of them?

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Sep 16 2007 1:55:33
    #

Login to Send PM

jb

How did you know they were under the pedals when you were driving? Did you see them? Feel itchy?

thanks!

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. jb2007

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Sep 16 2007 2:36:13
    #

Login to Send PM

I am one of those people who is very allergic/sensitive to the bites...I feel itchy in my car and shortly after driving found 2 new itchy bumps on my arms crop up.....Mostly its my legs and feet that feel itchy. Tonight when it was dark, I drove with the air on full blast in feet mode at 60 degrees and it seems to help.

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Sep 16 2007 3:29:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Well, most of us notice the bites appearing sometime after we're bitten--it can be hours later, much later in the day, or after a shower (since heat can bring them out). I felt itchier when I was warm and maybe that explains your experience.

They can live in your car, but I would not assume they are just because your bites appear while you're in the car, or you feel crawling sensations (as you mentioned in the other thread, they are an effect of the allergic reaction, but don't mean you're being crawled on or bitten at the exact moment.)

Get the PCO to treat your home, and take care (as per the FAQs on travel and not spreading bed bugs) not to spread them to your car from here on in. You'll probably be ok.

5. There aint no bugs on me

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Sep 20 2009 12:38:46
    #

Login to Send PM

The bed that we got for free (Never do again) was infected with bed bugs and transported in our van. I was able to spot one bed bug when I folded my seat over and looked between the folds of the top of the seat and the bottom. The exterminator took all of the seats out, sprayed the van from top to bottom, all of the seats, in all of the cracks and crevices, etc.... I then about a week later had the whole van steam cleaned. Even the ceiling. It took the guy hours. I also left my car closed up tight during the day to try to to heat it up in the sun. No more bites in my car so far.

6. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Sep 21 2009 0:09:37
    #

Login to Send PM

There ain't,

People wanting to follow your procedure might instead consider having the van steam cleaned (with a dry vapor steam cleaner), then letting it dry thoroughly, then treating, so any residual will last as long as possible.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

184,038 posts in 28,279 topics over 87 months by 12,190 of 19,344 members. Latest: redbird, sera143, falc
Site Meter