Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Can just one person get bed bug bites?

(3 posts)
  1. keyone

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Apr 13 2009 7:21:16
    #

Login to Send PM

My family of five stayed in a beach house over the weekend. The first morning, I woke up with four mosquito looking bites on my legs. Nobody else in my family had any bites. The 2nd morning I had alot more bites, and the first bites spread into a rash. Now three days later, I have a horrible itchy rash around all the bites I got. I have had bad allergic reactions to other insect bites, so that's not too surprising. Nobody else in my family had any bites. Could it be bed bugs if I am the only one affected? Now I am scared to death I brought them home. I did read the pdf document about going thru luggage and stuff, but my kids have already taken their suitcases upstairs, so I don't have much hope of avoiding an infestation!

2. begonebedbugs

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Apr 13 2009 8:06:49
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm not an expert but I would say "YES" its possible that only one of you show signs of being bitten. My husband and I share the same bed and he is the only one (out of the two of us) that ever show's signs of being bitten. I have had small blood stains on my side of the bed so I assume I was bitten I just dont react like he does.

3. Face

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Apr 13 2009 8:55:42
    #

Login to Send PM

I agree with begone, it is certainly possible for just one person to experience a reaction to the bug bites. It has happened many times, most commonly with couples sleeping in the same bed. As for if you brought them home, only time will tell. There is no way to say yes or no otherwise we will just be assuming. Unless you've continue to get bites after returning home there is no other way to tell.

< ^ > (•¿•) < ^ >

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

192,856 posts in 29,741 topics over 91 months by 12,859 of 20,150 members. Latest: DarthUnit, redfruit, JEPA