Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Can I use a dryer rack in my dryer like a heat chamber?

(3 posts)
  1. dolphin2017

newbite

Posted 9 months ago
    Thu Mar 16 2017 14:23:19
    #

Login to Send PM

So I got a spiffy new dryer for Christmas and noticed it came with a dryer rack. The dryer has some cool features like steam and sanitize. Wondering if I could use these to treat some items? We were recently exposed to bed bugs on travel and I treated all our fabrics upon return and bagged our luggage but I have a small bag of things I don't know how to treat like my CPAP machine and leather handbag and shoes.

Anyone tried to do this before? How would I proceed? On what settings and for how long?

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 9 months ago
    Thu Mar 16 2017 15:42:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Shoes, handbags and other items can be treated in a dryer. Temperatures vary quite a bit so you may want to check how your's performs prior to treating anything that could be damaged from the heat. I've played around with dryer racks treating everything from shoes to books.

HVAC/Locksmith/Bed Bug Control for a non-profit homeless shelter and long term veteran housing.
  3. Canuck

Posted 9 months ago
    Thu Mar 16 2017 20:19:25
    #

Login to Send PM

This is just the situation to use those Thermaspot heat sensors to ensure your dryer reaches thermal kill point. Don't have to use it every time, just periodically as a qualty control step.

Sheree Swindle / certified K9-assisted bed bug inspector

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

267,741 posts in 43,539 topics over 131 months by 19,073 of 19,666 members. Latest: Bbbrain, tireddddddd, bedbugcrazed