Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Can I put contractor bags in Packtite and then reuse them?

(4 posts)
  1. bbinchicago

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Dec 15 2011 1:38:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Contractor bags aren't cheap. Can I reuse them if I run them through the Packtite? Or could I use the dryer? These are the 42 gallon, 3 mill. size. Thanks.

2. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Dec 15 2011 11:04:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Dear bbchicago,

You could but why would you?

I dnon't recommend it for the following reasons:

> Cost each is not excessive.
    > While we could expect that the packtite was used correctly such that 100% of BBs & eggs withing were killed, there is also the possibility of BB related contaminents within the bags including: carcasses, shed skins, eggs & fecal matter.
    > There is also the chance that the inegrity of the bag has been compromised due to handling and the heat treatment.

HOWEVER, all is not lost as such "used" bags may be used, if you simply must use them, as trash disposal bags. Doing so will afford you at least some economic savings. If you decide to do this, be sure to store these used bags in a suitalble air tight sealed bag.

Hope this helps, paul b.

3. bbgirl

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Dec 15 2011 12:28:17
    #

Login to Send PM

I know Ziploc bags can be treated quite a few times in the Pactite and while the individual cost is not too high you can go through a lot of bags during a few months. I would think contractor bags could be successfully treated and the temperatures are not high enough to damage them as they are quite thick. I would definately try

4. djames1921

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Dec 15 2011 14:20:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Shouldn't be a problem, people packtite plastic bags everday.

Disclaimer: I make the Packtite and have tested plastic bags in it so many times i've lost count.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

266,669 posts in 43,300 topics over 130 months by 18,985 of 19,564 members. Latest: BBRuth, nonono, Cleothecat