can different body parts react differently to bites

(4 posts)
  1. co2998

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Wed Apr 19 2017 23:42:16
    #

Login to Send PM

can different parts of the same body react differently to bites?

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Apr 20 2017 0:09:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Sure-- it's possible.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. mp7ski

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Apr 20 2017 3:09:55
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't see why not, anythings possible with these things. People on here, including experts, say that it's been debunked that bite size doesnt relate to the life stage of bed bug... well I beg to differ. One, how can you say people react differently, then debunk something off of one study. Two, I know when my bite was from a lower stage nymph, and a later stage nymph or adult. The younger stages leave a read pinprick like bite that doesnt welt up but will itch a bit. I caught a first or second stage nymph biting my hand and was able to pinch him before he scurried away and he left that pinprick like bite. Now I haven't seen an adult biting me, but I also get decent size mosquito like bites which were the first signs that pointed me to take a look around. I also get a single very small welt that will leave a bit of a pinprick red bite after swelling goes down and I attribute that to middle stage bugs. Can I say for 100% that I'm right, No, there could be other reasons such as how long they were biting due to being disturbed, but its not rocket science and from my experiences I'm certain I get different size bites and reactions dependant upon size of the bug.

I am not an expert, any advice I give should be considered as amateur advice and not taken as fact. I mean well with all my posts and try to give back. If you plan on using any of my advice, I suggest doing research into said advice to make sure it is in your best interest.
    Study on Thermal Death Points(pages 18-29 of pdf) : http://www.propanecouncil.org/uploadedFiles/Council/Research_and_Development/REP_12221%20Efficacy%20of%20Heat%20on%20Bed%20Bugs.pdf
    Study on Cimexa: http://www.pctonline.com/article/pct0814-silica-gel-research-bed-bugs/
  4. Innocence Stolen

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Apr 20 2017 15:26:59
    #

Login to Send PM

I have had different reactions on different parts of my body:

On my arms, legs, torso and neck, they look like almost exactly like mosquito bites. (I don't react well to mosquitoes.)

I was bit on my eye lid and the next morning, I looked like a prize fighter. So definitely more swelling on my face.

My fingers actually blister. Like big blisters. The last one I got on one of my fingers just bypassed the blister all together - when I scratched after feeling the first itch, the skin just sloughed off immediately. Those are the most painful spots for me.

So I do believe they react differently in different parts - on me anyway and I don't think it has to do with the bug's life stage because these reactions have been consistent. My son only gets tiny red spots when bitten, but he hasn't been bitten, (that we are aware of), in many months. But they LOVE me.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

257,341 posts in 41,285 topics over 125 months by 18,090 of 18,510 members. Latest: Boysbugs, Mjrs91, dubleo