Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Can beg bugs bite thought clothes?

(3 posts)
  1. nomorebugs

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Nov 11 2007 15:26:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi I heard serveral people here say, bed bugs can bite through clothes. I was under the impression they like naked skin and they will find the exposed skin and bite you there instead. Say like your face and neck is the only thing exposed, they will bite there.

I had bites on my shoulders. But I think I was wearing a loose night shirt, it rode up, and the and bugs crawled up there or through the wide arm hole.

I think I'm rid of adults, my plan for nymph bite inspection is to give them a handy place where I can check easily. That would be my forearms.

I think nymph bites for me are dime size bright pink spots, but not itchy.

2. BBsBlow

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Nov 11 2007 18:55:45
    #

Login to Send PM

I've been bitten through clothes. Last winter I was all bundled up in layers, and I was still bitten. So it's not that my clothing rode up, it's that they can burrow in your stuff.

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Nov 12 2007 1:22:05
    #

Login to Send PM

I have not heard anyone say they SAW one bite through clothing. I suspect a lot of people say they bite through clothes but mean they were bitten while wearing clothes (probably by bed bugs that crawled under the clothing as BBs mentions).

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

191,270 posts in 29,422 topics over 90 months by 12,691 of 19,952 members. Latest: IvyGreene, Shawna weaver, SFgirl2345