(9 posts)
  1. mermaidancing

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Apr 14 2012 11:04:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi guys,
    I know this is a terrible subject. My brother had a house fire and he and his son stayed with me. they lost everything and had to stay in hotel for several days.
    Afterwards they stayed at my house for a few weeks. People donated items and we later found BED BUGS!! We do not know if from donated items or hotel. Never even heard of them.
    I have had my house professionally bombed, used dusting agents, natural sprays, placed belongings out in the sun for weeks etc.

I have recently found a few adults and thru away all bedroom furniture, couches, chairs etc., This has been going on for MONTHS!! Now i see they may nest in your hair?? I have very long hair pass my hiney so this is terrible. PLEASE anyone knows of this what to do and what has worked. I have 3 dogs, as well so i am freaking out if they can live on them as well. But i treat them all for fleas and ticks so am praying this will keep them at bay on them.
    If anyone knows how to help or advise, please share. Thanks..........

2. SmrtBB

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Apr 14 2012 22:28:10
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't think they nest in hair...at least that has been the consensus online so far. I've never encountered bites in my scalp, just along my hairline. I would like to say no, but at the same time would love to know through clinical trials whether they love hair or not. I've never found a straight answer. In any case, if you are proud of your length, I wouldn't do anything until I knew for sure!

Good Luck to you!

-S

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Apr 15 2012 2:49:33
    #

Login to Send PM

I can think of a few people who told us they had bed bugs in their hair but I believe they all had a type of hairstyle where they did not wash their hair regularly-- extensions, dreadlocks, etc.

If you are washing your hair regularly, this should not be an issue.

They basically don't want to harbor on people. They want to crawl on you, feed, and then hide out somewhere cosy and still until they they get hungry again.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  4. Noone12

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Sep 15 2013 23:40:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Ok so far I have found not one, not two, not three, but FOUR bedbugs in just my HAIR! People are saying they don't nest in your hair but I was itching my scalp on Saturday because I have been getting bites on my head, when underneath my fingernail I scraped off a dang bedbug. And i have found three since that one, i don't care if it bleaches my hair i used rubbing alcohol in it and am hoping to god it works. Itching has calmed down.

5. Noone12

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Sep 15 2013 23:42:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Nobugsonme - 1 year ago  » 
    I can think of a few people who told us they had bed bugs in their hair but I believe they all had a type of hairstyle where they did not wash their hair regularly-- extensions, dreadlocks, etc.
    If you are washing your hair regularly, this should not be an issue.
    They basically don't want to harbor on people. They want to crawl on you, feed, and then hide out somewhere cosy and still until they they get hungry again.

I regularly shampoo and condition my hair with suave, nothing special just normal suave, do not straighten, hair dry, all that other fancy stuff i wash it every night and brush it, that's all i do to my hair so why would they be in my hair. I have actually found them.

6. rs1971

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Sep 15 2013 23:48:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Noone12 - 6 minutes ago  » 
    Ok so far I have found not one, not two, not three, but FOUR bedbugs in just my HAIR! People are saying they don't nest in your hair but I was itching my scalp on Saturday because I have been getting bites on my head, when underneath my fingernail I scraped off a dang bedbug. And i have found three since that one, i don't care if it bleaches my hair i used rubbing alcohol in it and am hoping to god it works. Itching has calmed down.

Can you post a photo of one of the specimen? The bugs you are finding in your hair are *much* more likely to be head lice than they are bed bugs.

7. RJ05

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Sep 16 2013 2:50:53
    #

Login to Send PM

This sounds a lot like lice. You mentioned having a younger kid I'm the home, maybe he bought them home from school?

8. Magsno

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Sep 16 2013 5:52:59
    #

Login to Send PM

As RJ05 suggests I think it is more likely your nephew perhaps brought home head lice. Get a bone come and thoroughly come your hair a section at a time after washing and conditioning. Probably best suggest to your brother he checks himself and his son too.

9. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Sep 16 2013 6:55:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

It is not "normal" behaviour to have bedbugs living in hair or for that matter on people in general.

The only times I have seen or heard of it are in extremely heavy infestations with literally thousands and hundreds of thousands of bedbugs living in the home and homeless people where the only reliable refugia becomes the person.

In the case of homes its not difficult to find the signs everywhere else in the room.

Now the only other possibility is transportation from a heavily infested location or contact between the hair and a heavy source of bedbugs.

I would strongly advise visual confirmation of this as its more feasible for this to be headlice.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bedbug infestations in domestic and commercial settings. The patent numbers are GB2463953 and GB2470307.

"Astral Entomologist - because so many people say my ideas are out of this world"

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.