Can BB bites weep and ooze?

(4 posts)
  1. Bit

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun May 15 2011 1:30:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Help with identifying a bite please. I have a bite that "weeps" or oozes a transparent tan discharge which dries and get crusty. Is that a BB bite? Is that possible? for a BB bite to do?

2. Richard_Naylor

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun May 15 2011 10:59:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Bit,

Unfortunately it is impossible to identify what bit you by the bites, as peoples' reactions to bites vary considerably. The weeping and oozing has more to do with how your body responded to it rather than the bite itself.

That said, yes, some people do get that kind of response to bedbug bites. It tends to be more common in women than men, although I have seen at least one man who reacted like this.

3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun May 15 2011 11:13:44
    #

Login to Send PM

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lou_bugs_pix/
    I've posted some reactions to bed bugs bites. I've actually experienced "normal" bites from hundreds of bed bugs feeding at one time in one place to a scaly, somewhat seborrheic dermatitis look, and also bullous or blistering reaction from what appears to be derived from length of time of feeding. Let me look up some PPT slides and post these as examples.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult in all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology.
  4. Bit

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun May 15 2011 12:36:23
    #

Login to Send PM

If I can't rule BB out because the bites weep, then I probably can't rule them out based on how the bites look any other way given that everyone reacts differently. I'm thinking I can't go by how the bites look.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

190,463 posts in 29,269 topics over 90 months by 12,626 of 19,871 members. Latest: stanton, advisemeplease, litetide