Bugs on toliet paper - multiple finds

(5 posts)
  1. Fierydevil

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Jan 8 2018 20:00:23
    #

Login to Send PM

I stuffed a piece of toliet paper into my tablet over the webcam (paranoia i know) and after a week or so I started having these bugs crawling across my screen. I had 3 maybe 4 then found a few more in the tablet case. Then today I found one of them on my toliet paper which is a good distance away. So now I'm freaking out a lot and don't know what they are or how they got in. Hope someone can help, thanks.

2. thirdusername

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Jan 8 2018 23:17:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Can you get a closer picture?

I am NOT an expert.
    My opinions are just opinions, they may NOT apply to yours or any situation.
    My advice is to always do a LOT of research.
    A lot of what I read contradicts other stuff on the Interweb.
  3. Fierydevil

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Jan 9 2018 13:17:40
    #

Login to Send PM

thirdusername - 13 hours ago  » 
    Can you get a closer picture?

Now I think I can confirm that these aren't bedbugs as I've found them at the back of my draw etc. But theres loads of the bloody things and I think they are booklice. I know this is for bedbugs but no other forum seem to get any replies so It'd be a great help if you can help.

Thankyou.

4. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Jan 9 2018 17:33:48
    #

Login to Send PM

The first picture is a booklouse. The others are beetle and are latridiid beetle, minute brown scavenger beetles. Both moisture-related insects having to do with molds and mildew.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  5. Fierydevil

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Jan 10 2018 12:44:26
    #

Login to Send PM

loubugs - 19 hours ago  » 
    The first picture is a booklouse. The others are beetle and are latridiid beetle, minute brown scavenger beetles. Both moisture-related insects having to do with molds and mildew.

Thanks for the reply, what could I do to get rid of these? I removed my bedside table and cleaned my draws and hoovered the skirting boards etc. However I only have RAID spray which says not to put on wallpaper, however since my wallpaper is quite damp due to being on an outside wall I'm considering they might be there or something.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

269,338 posts in 43,826 topics over 132 months by 19,191 of 19,804 members. Latest: Kellbells, cucucajube, Mitchell3845