Bugs found inside the foam of my car seat

(6 posts)
  1. jarv511

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Jul 20 2010 23:14:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi, I have a car (Im the first owner) and it seems there are bugs living inside the foam of my car seat. Everyday I find foam residues found on the carpet beneath my seat. I guess some bug is living inside the foam and is slowly eating it up. Now, whenever I drive, I hear squeaking sounds that come from the seat where I am sitting on and I guess it's coming from the coil springs which have loosen up due to hollow spaces created by these bugs! I get irritated everyday. I tried buying a new one to replace the seat but it's too expensive.

Can anybody help me on this? Has anyone experienced anything like this? If there is, please advice on a remedy because I fear they might spread to the other seats/foam.

2. itchymess

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Jul 21 2010 0:49:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi - as far as I know, bed bugs eat only blood and not foam in car seats. It doesn't sound like bed bugs. Sorry I can't be of more help!

3. parakeets

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Jul 21 2010 9:20:10
    #

Login to Send PM

I did have bedbugs in the egg crate foam on my bed, but I agree with previous posters that what you are talking about here might not be bedbugs. There are other kinds of rodents and critters that could be causing this. Bedbugs don't create the kinds of "hollow spaces" in your car seat that you are talking about. Let us know what it is.

4. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Jul 21 2010 10:15:11
    #

Login to Send PM

This sounds more like something for those guys from NPR's "Car Talk", but the squeaking you hear might be a part that's broken (or perhaps an extra piece of something that got dropped in during manufacture) that's scraping away foam.

BB do not have mouth parts and don't gnaw their way through stuff.

If car is under warranty, you could take it in for service. If not and you're handy, front seats can be unbolted and inspected.

5. delorac

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Jul 21 2010 22:41:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Have you actually seen a bug in your car?

6. jarv511

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Jul 27 2010 3:26:01
    #

Login to Send PM

I guess you guys are right. It may not be a bug. It maybe mites or something but there are small living creatures (i dont know exactly what they are) living and consuming the insides of my car seat! I hope there's someone out there who probably has the same problem that I have and with a solution. Anyway, thanks guys for chipping in and sharing your ideas. Here's hoping for a solution to my problem

btw: I tried unbolting the seats and inspecting it inside and out but I didnt find anything. The darn thing is just too small i guess.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

183,993 posts in 28,273 topics over 87 months by 12,188 of 19,341 members. Latest: Vantz, bugAnxiety, redbird
Site Meter