Bug Identification needed. Bird Mite? [a: possible silverfish]

(5 posts)
  1. Hubbabuga

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Sun Oct 1 2017 11:59:13
    #

Login to Send PM

These bugs are crawling on me mostly at night. I have a 4 month old baby and I'm afraid they might be bothering him too! I live in a 3 story apartment building on the top floor and I found these in microscopic bugs with a handheld microscope at 60x. I collected them near the pipe in my cabinet that leads to the roof. No matter how much I clean, I can't get rid of them! Any help to identify them would be VERY VERY APRECIATED.
    If it helps, I am located in Coronado, California (a small island in San Diego county).

IMG_3211 by Tiffany None, on Flickr

IMG_3211<script async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

IMG_3216<script async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

IMG_3208<script async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

IMG_3199<script async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

IMG_3189<script async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

[code]

IMG_3211 by Tiffany None, on Flickr

IMG_3211<script async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

IMG_3216<script async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

IMG_3208<script async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

IMG_3199<script async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

IMG_3189<script async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. Hubbabuga

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Sun Oct 1 2017 15:26:09
    #

Login to Send PM

IMG_3213 by Tiffany None, on Flickr

Can someone help to identify these bugs? They're barely visible to The naked eye. They crawl on me mostly at night. No matter how much I clean the house they won't go away! If I could find out what they are it would be a great help. I Took these images with my handheld microscope under 60 times magnification. I live in Coronado, California in a three story apartment complex on the top floor.
    This is my first post. I'm hoping the images load 😊
    IMG_3213 by Tiffany None, on Flickr

IMG_3194 by Tiffany None, on Flickr

IMG_3194 by Tiffany None, on Flickr

IMG_3204 by Tiffany None, on Flickr

IMG_3212 by Tiffany None, on Flickr

IMG_3216 by Tiffany None, on Flickr

IMG_3216 by Tiffany None, on Flickr

1506874330061 by Tiffany None, on Flickr

3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Sun Oct 1 2017 19:53:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Not a mite. Very nice pictures. It could possibly be a very small, first instar, silverfish. Not all body parts are there but it looks like there are broken rear filaments. Are there any other specimens?

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  4. Hubbabuga

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sat Oct 7 2017 1:06:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the reply. You have been very helpful.
    The following pictures are of a different bug I found with my handheld microscope at 60x magnification. The last picture looks a bit tricky because it's on top of a mirror. It's super tiny like a speck of dust without the microscope. So neat! Do you have any idea what it could be?

IMG_1570 by Tiffany None, on Flickr

IMG_1563 by Tiffany None, on Flickr

IMG_1499 by Tiffany None, on Flickr

5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sat Oct 7 2017 8:12:46
    #

Login to Send PM

That one looks like a booklouse.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

265,567 posts in 43,045 topics over 129 months by 18,887 of 19,446 members. Latest: bugbedder, RDM16, UStraveler1234