Bug Id please (picture and video) [a: clearer image needed; possible louse]

(6 posts)
  1. Zenchess

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Dec 20 2014 1:34:36
    #

Login to Send PM

I have been researching my bug problem, with the help of this site and others, and I'm still not sure if I have bedbugs or not. I took a sample of 3 of the bugs to the apartment complex owners and they decided that I do. The exterminators are not coming until Thursday however, so I have some time to hopefully ID the bugs I have so that they don't come prepared for bed bugs and they're something else or what not.

One thing that makes me think they're not bedbugs is that they are often visible crawling around the couch, bed, and what appears to be their favorite: dirty clothes. They do seem to be biting me and I've been itching a bit from it. They seem to go to any clothes, towels, etc. and just chill out.

Well in any case I captured one in a ziplock bag and took a picture as well as a couple minutes of video footage. I had to use my webcam so the quality (especially in the video) is not that great.

Here is the photo: http://imgur.com/a74G4Li

Here is the video: http://www.naden.de/blog/bbvideo-bbpress-video-plugin -->

[+] Embed the videoGet the Flash Videos

Special thanks to anyone that verifies these are NOT bedbugs, that will make my day, but if you can tell me what they are that would make me even happier

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Dec 20 2014 1:38:33
    #

Login to Send PM

You will likely get an expert response tomorrow. To be honest, I am on a phone right now and can't see the photo well enough. Anything you can do to get a clearer one may help. In my opinion, the video won't be much help as the photo is clearer (but could be clearer still).

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. Zenchess

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Dec 20 2014 1:47:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for your consideration nobugsonme. Unfortunately I can't think of a way to get a clearer picture. It took a bit of finesse just to get this quality. For one the bug is very small. 2 I have him in a ziplock bag, and my webcam, even though it goes to 8 megapixel, doesnt seem to focus very well if i put it right up on the creature even while adjusting settings.

I'll see if I can brainstorm a way to get a clearer picture though.

4. buggyinsyracuse

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Dec 20 2014 10:56:22
    #

Login to Send PM

As Nobugs stated, a better picture would be ideal.

I'm looking at this on my computer, not my phone, and it still looks very grainy. I'm NOT an expert, however, the shape looks off to me to be a bed bug.

Bumping for an expert.

5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Dec 20 2014 11:24:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Clearer image needed but the outline appears more lice-like than bedbug.

Please post something in better focus.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  6. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Dec 20 2014 12:33:07
    #

Login to Send PM

The shape is lice-like as David said. Look at some photos of body and hair lice and compare it.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,362 posts in 46,556 topics over 141 months by 20,532 of 21,395 members. Latest: Bedbugvaca, jidhvs1, Darrellkking