Bug ID please: past bed bug problems [a: probable lygaeoid bug]

(7 posts)
  1. Afraidbugs

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Jan 10 2017 15:16:48
    #

Login to Send PM

So, I might be being paranoid, but you all can understand that right??

I had bed bugs in late August/September. I got 3 treatments, I moved between #2 & 3. They inspected the new house and got an all clear before we moved in furniture, which apparently the furniture had not been fully eradicated. So they have us their 3rd and final treatment with a 30 day guarantee. The treatment was late October and the guarantee started November 8th after a final inspection.

It's 2 months later and i have since had the passive monitors for almost 1.5 months. I have them installed, according to the methods listed here, one on my bed and one on my couch.
    I have seen no indicators on the passives.

I was also a reactor to the bites (my boyfriend didn't seem to be, so i was the warning flag) could that ever change? Anyways, I had one set of 2 bites that o really think were bed bug bites about a week after that inspection, find nothing. No bites since then.

By all indicators i have seen and felt nothing but am still highly stressed and depressed from everything and barely starting to unpack more from the move (everything on plastic bags for months after washing, everything packed still hidden...)

Well last night I'm laying in bed and i end up finding this guy on my arm which was on the bed, and i flip. I looked at everything but found nothing else.
    I'm thinking i see a wing ripped off and possibly another attached to him, which would make it NOT a bed bug, but i have lack of sleep now and I want some other opinions for a piece off mind. Without going to the PCO ( is that the term I'm looking for?) for something that isn't a bedbug.

Sorry so long!!! Here's some pictures

20170110_014738 by Afraid Bugs, on Flickr

20170110_024807 by Afraid Bugs, on Flickr

20170110_024942 by Afraid Bugs, on Flickr

20170110_024752 by Afraid Bugs, on Flickr

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Jan 10 2017 15:33:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Correct. Is not a bed bug, but is a true bug. Normal sized front and hind wings. It's a bit obscured by plastic. Sometimes, non-parasitic bugs and plant feeders will bite people just to taste, not to feed.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  3. Afraidbugs

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Jan 10 2017 17:36:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you so much loubugs. Sorry about the plastic, I was pretty scared last night when I took the pictures. Though I think you were able to identify even with the poor quality of my pictures lol
    Here is a new picture of the bug out of the bag just for clarifying ID purposes and for others to see.

20170110_140940-1 by Afraid Bugs, on Flickr

Honestly looking very closely Especially with the help of this clear photo, I don't know why I jumped to the conclusion? The size and oval shape? I don't know. I am apparently still very on edge and still have nightmares about the problem. And I think I assumed too quickly that it could be a bed bug coming back.

I truly hope I can live normally again (besides checking monitors monthly, and checking luggage and washing clothes from trips, Etc. to be proactive).

I'm really hoping nothing was hiding away that will be uncovered in my unpacking though!! It really seemed like they were only in our main bed/bedroom. Though how likely is it for a small case to be isolated like that?

Anyways I would like to follow by saying I had never posted to the forums before this but I'm so thankful for all the work everyone puts into helping one another. This site has been one of my main sources for research when my problem first started and a huge source of knowledge while we fought our small infestation. I truly truly hope they're gone. And Thank you for your help during my Bed Bug PTSD

4. Afraidbugs

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Jan 10 2017 17:43:19
    #

Login to Send PM

loubugs - 2 hours ago  » 
    Sometimes, non-parasitic bugs and plant feeders will bite people just to taste, not to feed.

Also ew, that's very mean of them. Don't they know they're scaring me 😂😂 joking of course.... Well a little 😮😮

5. Poiqm

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Jan 10 2017 18:33:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Amazon has some cheap pocket microscopes to get a good close look at bugs.

6. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Jan 10 2017 18:42:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Probably a lygaeoid bug, maybe a member of the family Rhyparochromidae.

7. Afraidbugs

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Jan 11 2017 1:55:03
    #

Login to Send PM

loubugs - 7 hours ago  » 
    Probably a lygaeoid bug, maybe a member of the family Rhyparochromidae.

Looking at images of these I definitely believe it. My skin is still crawling but hoping for a good night's sleep tonight since it was not BB.

Thank you

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

249,997 posts in 39,942 topics over 121 months by 17,492 of 17,820 members. Latest: dazedandconfused, Lor443, Tarapi