bug ID, please! bed bug? [image added! Expert ID needed]

(3 posts)
  1. JHinKS

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Aug 8 2017 15:21:40
    #

Login to Send PM

This is my first time posting, please let me know if I've uploaded incorrectly.

We moved into our house and realized we had inherited a few roaches from the warehouse where our items were stored for about a month. Everything I found was dead, but we had the house professionally treated to be safe.

Once last week and again today I found this bug -- last week on a bed pillow that was on the floor and today in a hallway bathroom. Trying to determine if it's residual from the roach issue or if we are dealing with something different this time?

I am considering bed bug because of it's appearance, but also because my husband traveled recently. I woke up over the weekend with about 50 bites, but based on their placement on my body and our recent outdoor activity I assumed they were from chiggers.

Other than these bugs I haven't found any evidence. We have all white bedding so I assumed maybe I would see blood stains, fecal stains, etc. I also haven't slept well the last few nights worried about bed bugs, but a flashlight in our bed in the middle of the night hasn't shown anything either.

PLEASE HELP! Freaking out at the thought of bed bugs. I got quotes for the bed bug dogs and/or heat treatment by a professional in our area and couldn't believe how expensive it is. Looking to get an ID before I even consider that route.

bedbug by JKinKS, on Flickr

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Aug 8 2017 16:12:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Nothing posted??

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Aug 8 2017 16:19:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Spam filter hungry!

HVAC/Locksmith/Bed Bug Control for a non-profit homeless shelter and long term veteran housing.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

265,575 posts in 43,048 topics over 129 months by 18,887 of 19,446 members. Latest: bugbedder, RDM16, UStraveler1234