(3 posts)
  1. onlygoodbugisadeadbug

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Dec 6 2017 0:25:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Greetings everyone!

Short synopsis: I've been dealing with bed bugs for the past two + months now. Small infestation. I originally found two dead perhaps second or third stage bed bugs. I have had one pest control company apply four chemical treatments every two weeks. I was still getting bites and finding, what I think, are shell fragments around the house. This first PCC refuted what I'd found and didn't think I had them any longer. Moved onto the second PCC and did a heat treatment of the entire apt. This took place 12/1. I am still getting bites even last night while sitting in a chair reading a book! This morning I found what I'm fairly confident is an adult shell or entire bug that's been smooshed under someone's boot. This new company told me it was likely a rolly polly!! Please let me know what you all think. Linked below is the specimen in question, dorsal and ventral images.

Thanks in advance,

Cheers!

https://imgur.com/a/q4RHj

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Dec 6 2017 10:10:24
    #

Login to Send PM

That's not a bed bug.

HVAC/Locksmith/Bed Bug Control for a non-profit homeless shelter and long term veteran housing.
  3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Dec 6 2017 12:23:17
    #

Login to Send PM

onlygoodbugisadeadbug:
    "I have had one pest control company apply four chemical treatments every two weeks. I was still getting bites and finding, what I think, are shell fragments around the house. This first PCC refuted what I'd found and didn't think I had them any longer. "

-- Probably a beetle abdomen. Pictures not 100% in focus. "Bites" or "bite-like" reactions do not always equal bed bug bites.

"Moved onto the second PCC and did a heat treatment of the entire apt. This took place 12/1. I am still getting bites even last night while sitting in a chair reading a book! This morning I found what I'm fairly confident is an adult shell or entire bug that's been smooshed under someone's boot. This new company told me it was likely a rolly polly!!"
    -- Did 2nd company inspect at all or just went with heat treatment?
    -- Most people can't tell what an arthropod is unless they see the whole animal.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

267,806 posts in 43,548 topics over 131 months by 19,076 of 19,668 members. Latest: tireddddddd, bedbugcrazed, HOWDY1