(5 posts)
  1. worriedinsf

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sun Aug 6 2017 20:33:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

After noticing a blood smear on my sheets last week, I scanned the sheets and found these. I didn't examine these close enough the first time. But looking at them again (I saved them in a container), I'm a bit concerned because it does appear to be a similar shape. At least one of them does I mean.

http://imgur.com/a/p41YG

The blood smear pics are here if curious:

http://imgur.com/a/NzVFk

I've gotten what appear to be bites on the back of my neck and under my collar bone in the last 2 days.

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Mon Aug 7 2017 6:26:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Can't tell much from the pictures because they must be low resolution and small picture size. Downloaded 2 and they break up when zooming in.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  3. worriedinsf

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Mon Aug 7 2017 14:41:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the response. And yeah, I realize they're not the greatest resolution. The best my iPhone seems to be doing.

I took a few more and posted them at the bottom of the first link. I'm just distressed that one of them does appear to be elongated with a tip.

4. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Aug 8 2017 6:18:49
    #

Login to Send PM

worriedinsf - 15 hours ago  » 
    Thanks for the response. And yeah, I realize they're not the greatest resolution. The best my iPhone seems to be doing.
    I took a few more and posted them at the bottom of the first link. I'm just distressed that one of them does appear to be elongated with a tip.

You're reading too much into it. These are parts of something, but not bed bug.

5. worriedinsf

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Aug 8 2017 22:11:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks again David! And LOL - you are likely correct in my reading too much. This past weekend I did an inspection and thorough vacuuming/cleaning of the baseboards around the bed/closet because of the known carpet beetle issues. I'm hoping that cuts down on the weird bites/pimples on the back of my neck and chest that have recently started appearing.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

261,674 posts in 42,198 topics over 127 months by 18,524 of 19,017 members. Latest: Tglock, Rae13, Buggybuggy335