Battling with anxiety for 4 months [a: book lice]

(6 posts)
  1. Perkele

newbite

Posted 8 months ago
    Tue Jan 10 2017 21:39:15
    #

Login to Send PM

It all started when I read about someone in my city potentially having bed bugs. I was already going through an incredibly anxious period of my life, and that made me research bed bugs intensively. I had also just come back from a trip to Prague where I stayed at a hotel (which I know now can have bed bugs). Then I started checking my bed and stuff, and looking at the walls. And I saw this little white bug, it was more elongated and seemed to have longer antennas than the bed bugs nymphs I had seen online, but it still made me crazy. After that I have checked my bed and been anxious for every day until now. And today I saw a very similar bug again, and it made me go crazy. But this time I managed to grab some pics of it.

Can someone please ID these pics?

I also want to add that I have checked my bed extremely thoroughly today, every single piece of it, and I did not find anything that would indicate bed bugs.

Pics:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BzML7JEj89VAOFY2Sjh4d1NJbDA?usp=sharing

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 8 months ago
    Tue Jan 10 2017 22:43:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Not a bed bug. Stop freaking yourself out for no reason, it's not a fun way to go about life.

What whispers the whisker?
  3. Perkele

newbite

Posted 8 months ago
    Tue Jan 10 2017 22:47:10
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Not a bed bug. Stop freaking yourself out for no reason, it's not a fun way to go about life.

Thank you, sir. I know, but Im very anxious by nature, borderline OCD in some aspects. Do you know what kind of bug it is?

4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 8 months ago
    Tue Jan 10 2017 22:51:17
    #

Login to Send PM

I believe that you have booklice. Any moisture issues in that area of your home?

5. Perkele

newbite

Posted 8 months ago
    Tue Jan 10 2017 22:55:21
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 2 minutes ago  » 
    I believe that you have booklice. Any moisture issues in that area of your home?

Not that I know of. Its a very new apartment. But they did suggest we let some air in at least twice a day. Its just how the buildings are made here in Slovakia.

Do you suggest I get a dehumidifier?

6. loubugs

old timer

Posted 8 months ago
    Tue Jan 10 2017 23:40:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes, a book louse. Not a commonly encountered liposcelid; could be a different family.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

263,803 posts in 42,647 topics over 128 months by 18,718 of 19,252 members. Latest: bbstressed, alvamiranda, plznobb