Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Bug ID? Bite ID? Possible B.B. fecal matter in car? Something? Help?

(3 posts)
  1. directcarejill

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Nov 13 2017 19:39:38
    #

Login to Send PM

I typed a huge explanatory post and then the site refreshed and I lost it. Long story short I work at s group home where the staff, especially the asleep overnight, have been getting bites for about 5 months. Just recently I filled in a shift and got loads of bites, especially on my face. I’d gotten some back in August but not quite as bad as these, but I didn’t do asleep overnights then.

Group Home finally had an exterminator called to examine the house once upper management was shown the picture of my facial bites, they found supposedly one bed bug in the staff couch, which at this point had been sitting outside for an entire week before they got an exterminator. This was just the visual look though, today they were supposed to come back with dogs to search and decide what to do, but I didn’t work today.

I understand they may have wandered off since the couch was inside, but it’s been a bit over five months. I feel by this point, with the number of bites we each receive nightly, there should be more than one bed bug, or more signs of them at the very least but I’m no expert.

The only room that they were found in on the initial search was the staff room, in its couch. Which is fabric, not leather. Nothing was found in the fabric chairs in the staff room but they were thrown outside too. All of the residents rooms were clear for the initial look through. Only one of the residents had a regular mattress though, the rest of hospital grade plastic air matresses. The one resident with the regular bed has welts on her shoulder.

Basically though I’m worried I brought them home or into my car. Various pictures of bites, bugs I found, and possible fecal matter spots in the above link. One picture that I’ll have to add later is off the ceilings upholstery of my car, which I’m concerned may have bed bug fecal matter but I’m unsure.

The ceiling has dots that streak in some places of a brown black tar or sap like substance.it does not rub off, or if it does it at least does not with ease, as I did a full cleaning of my car after leaving work today because it had become an unbearable mess due to my depression in part. I was concerned there were bed bugs hiding because I had so much junk there.
    A side note to this; I’m a smoker, a pack last me three days, and I smoke mainly in my car
    —in addition, because of the mess it seems I have a slight mold issue in car. Not sure if this can effect anything

No visual signs of them other that he potential fecal matter, which I’ll post on the imgur link or in the comments if I get replies. I put some sticky tray traps in my car as well as my room, though I hear they aren’t very effective and I’m wondering where to proceed form here.

So this ended up being decently long, but not so much as my original type up.
    -In a sort of conclusion, if You could reference my pictures, what type of bug would you say the red/brown bug is?
    ( there are two red brown bugs but one kind of tore a little when I saw it and put it on the tape, the more whole one is upside down, both were found seemingly dead.)

-Would you say those bites are consitent with bed bugs, and if not what else do you think they could be?
    (A note; not all of the staff had the same reactions. Most if not all of my bites were extremely itchy welts, red and swollen. Some people had less severe reactions, and one person had more severe responses than me)

-Are any of those pictures possible signs of bed bug activity, i.e. fecal matter or casks?

-What treatment or actions would you recommend in the case that these are bedbugs? For both my house and my car?

-brands of treatment insecticides etc that actually work?

Since being told about the bed bugs on Thursday the ninth at work, I’ve been unable to sleep more than an hour or two, if at all, because my anxiety is too high. I haven’t even gone in my room until tonight, instead cleaning obsessively upstairs, taking showers to stop feeling like my skin is crawling, and taking walks to avoid the house.

2. directcarejill

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Nov 13 2017 19:43:14
    #

Login to Send PM

The picture link doesn’t seem to be posting? Letsss try again Hopefully the right fucking link

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Nov 14 2017 1:04:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry— that link goes to imgur but not to a photo. Please repost it.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

266,823 posts in 43,336 topics over 131 months by 18,998 of 19,574 members. Latest: minicooper78, bmprg, syedz7