Bug ID [a: beetle and seed]

(3 posts)
  1. scaredandconfused2

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sat Nov 4 2017 12:40:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello all, I am so grateful that this website exists and hope that someone might be able to help. I thought I would explain the backstory and have included some photos throughout.

A client at my place of work came to our office last week covered in bed bugs. My colleague who met with the client found several in her office which is only a few feet away from mine. Corporate did not come to fumigate her office until like 5 days later. I know this forum does not ID bugs based on bites, but this past Thursday I noticed three vertical bites and three horizontal bites on my shin which were very itchy (bites- ).

I started to freak out and looked at my bed. I didn't notice any signs of bugs. I looked at my shoe and saw a very small white bug moving very quickly across the sole of my shoe, but was unable to kill it or capture it. My significant other and I slept in our bed Thursday night with no signs of bites beyond the initial ones on my shin.

Last night when I came home I noticed a small round brown bug in the corner of our bed on top of the fitted sheet near our cat. It did not move quickly and we were able to squish it. I have included some photos of the top ( ) and bottom () below. It seemed very round and brown with almost a grayish tint on one side. The photos make the bug look longer than it originally appeared.

After finding this bug, I searched my bed again and found several roundish yellow/brown glossy hard balls on our mattress. I even found one stuck to a piece of blanket and I have since found them on my carpet and in the stairwell. They almost look like a seed and am curious if they may be from plants outside. Unopened they look like () and with much force I popped one open and two smaller pieces came out (). I am very concerned that I may have bedbugs and/or eggs would appreciate any information on identifying the bug and/or glossy object.

2. Mawiwala

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sat Nov 4 2017 13:37:32
    #

Login to Send PM

A beetle because of the wings and a popped up seed.

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sun Nov 5 2017 1:50:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Bites can’t be identified by anyone, not even a dermatologist.
    If they are bed bug bites, keep in mind you could have been bitten at work.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

266,823 posts in 43,336 topics over 131 months by 18,998 of 19,574 members. Latest: minicooper78, bmprg, syedz7