Bug ID [a: tick]

(5 posts)
  1. BadBugRiRi

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sun Oct 8 2017 17:43:25
    #

Login to Send PM

So I found some ticks on my dog but I see these little buggers on the walls and around my bed at night. Please tell me they aren’t bed bugs but only if that’s the truth

2. BadBugRiRi

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sun Oct 8 2017 17:48:30
    #

Login to Send PM

https://www.flickr.com/gp/137370526@N02/US8URF

I’m not sure if the image posted. Sorry, this is my first post.

3. JohnnySloan

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sun Oct 8 2017 18:49:57
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm new to this forum as well and have near zero experience with bed bugs, but i'm pretty sure that is a tick. I've killed so many of those things after a walk through the woods. They are arachnids and have 8 legs, while bed bugs have 6 and two antenna. Again, wait for an expert to hop on, but I'm pretty sure that is exactly the same bug that I empty from the cuff of my pants whenever I go through tall grass. Looks more like a dog tick than a deer one.

4. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sun Oct 8 2017 19:40:26
    #

Login to Send PM

BadBugRiRi - 1 hour ago  » 
    So I found some ticks on my dog but I see these little buggers on the walls and around my bed at night. Please tell me they aren’t bed bugs but only if that’s the truth

tick.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  5. BadBugRiRi

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Mon Oct 9 2017 3:04:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Ok thanks so much guys! Hopefully the way to get rid of them is easier than bed bugs. For some reason, I feel a small sense of relief.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

265,621 posts in 43,065 topics over 129 months by 18,896 of 19,457 members. Latest: Bugtimore, Paranoid34, terrifieddd