Bug bites on me but not my boyfriend?

(6 posts)
  1. Traceyp09

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Sep 8 2010 22:11:11
    #

Login to Send PM

I recently moved into a new house and was sleeping on my air mattress until I was able to purchase a bed. During this time I received no bites, but as soon as I purchased a new bed (coincidentally it was the same day my roommate got a cat) I began discovering bites. The bites are very small and seem to be around my clothing lines (waist, bra line, etc), as well as on the inside of my thighs. I do have a few around my ankles and feet as well as on my arms and wrists.

I've gotten flea bites before and the were always larger and located mainly on my legs and feet. Now, on my stomach alone, I have about 13 bites. The itching comes and goes throughout the day.

My boyfriend sleeps in the same bed as me and has not gotten a single bite, HOW UNFAIR! We've washed the sheets, scoured the mattress and surrounding furniture for any sign of bugs, eggs, fecal matter, blood stains, etc but have not found anything. Does this sound like bed bugs to you??

2. Ratorja

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Sep 9 2010 8:44:47
    #

Login to Send PM

You might not react the exact same way to flea bites, so it's still possible that it's fleas, I wouldn't rule that out yet if you haven't found any bugs.

It is also very possible that if they ARE bed bug bites, your boyfriend might not react to them, so you wouldn't see the bites at all, nor would he itch.

I would treat the cat for fleas first, just in case (and it's a good idea anyway), then see how things go and keep inspecting your bed in the meantime.

3. BedBugSpot

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Sep 10 2010 20:46:10
    #

Login to Send PM

here is a video of an exterminator who mentions bedbugs prefer to feed on women and children.

How I Learned to Kill the Bug

4. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Sep 10 2010 21:29:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh boy!

5. WGarrow

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Sep 11 2010 0:45:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Some people are bitten but don't seem to react to the bites. My mom lives alone and has bed bugs, but never once had a reaction to the bites.

6. kannon_bosatsu

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Sep 11 2010 1:18:21
    #

Login to Send PM

My husband doesn't react but I get painful, horrible welts when I get bitten.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.