Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

BLOOD SPOTS ON SHEETS

(9 posts)
  1. dawnsimonds2

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Aug 2 2007 13:02:03
    #

Login to Send PM

wondering about blood spots on sheets. i had a long thin line of blood on my sheet this morning. it was quite long, more than two inches actually and very thin and unbroken. would bed bugs leave a line like this? it doesn't seem right to me. opinions?

2. buggeroff

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Aug 2 2007 13:13:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Can you find a place on your body it might have come from? It sounds like you may have rubbed a bleeding spot along the sheet - could have been an insect bite, or one you already had that you scratched open in your sleep.

I rather think that a bed bug would not leave a trail like this (unless it had been crushed and rubbed) since the goal of the BB is to eat the blood, not leave it lying around. That is not to say, however, that a BB could not have bitten you and you might have contined bleeding a little after it left.

3. dawnsimonds2

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Aug 2 2007 13:17:47
    #

Login to Send PM

but the trail was actually quite long, as i explained. if i'd continued bleeding, i don't think it would have been this long a trail. maybe a smaller trail or a little spot. i hate to be graphic but i also have my period and i was wearing a pad last night. i'm wondering if my hand perhaps touched the inside of the pad and i got some blood on my fingernail, thus making the line with my own nail. opinions?

4. willow-the-wisp

banned

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Aug 2 2007 20:15:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Anything is possible Dawn, including the fact that there is an incoming source you have not found yet. That would be like 4x’s for you and so i hope it is jsut what you said (ridng the red wave as I've heard it is sometimes called, or menses’if we must get proper or technical) lol.

Dawn ... it can/could be anything.

A--riding the same particular bus or dining in the same restaurant with the same people is one of 100 routes you need to consider ….
    The work place … etc …

Recall Dawn … lot's have no idea they have them and they don’t react at all to the bites.

B—So don't panic yet. 2 inches is a long streak. I hear--but see … I never had any of those streaks and I had well over a hundred on them all underside of my bed.

My point is that we just never know. I will offer the bed isolation and risers and moats and keeping the laundry protocols to you again. All laundry sealed before exit and kept sealed until used. etc etc etc ...

I'm sorry Dawn ... bed bugs are everywhere in cities at this point. I hate to see you resist these simple measures--when it/they can mean so much in the long run.

Dawn I have a new infestation and I am not that overly concerned., then again …

I have not hardly undone anything in the above respect in prevention either.

We need to face facts that we will all have to do these simple preventatives, especially if we come into contact with “any and all BED bugged people.”

OK--I'll skip my "the bed is the operating table and you are the Nurse in charge of keeping the sterile field--heck--even I can't keep up with that 24/7 myself.

Please take charge and do these things--while re-cleaning the entire bed 100%, then, stepping into water by the bed-side before toweling feet off and getting your feet into the bed. Recall—all the babies are pinhead sized, mostly water and they can stick to the skin.
    I HAVE SEEN THIS AND EXPERIENCED IT FIRST-HAND MANY TIMES!
    No reason for me to lie here! Yet many of us just can't perceive how small the little one's really are and how fast they can travel. The dig pics. are great—but deceiving in the size too all at once.

Once Dawn. .. Somebody on here said she saw a bed bug jump off a dog and run up her stockings or something like that. Oh how I laughed and laughed and laughed--thinking at the time it was a joke.
    It's no joke!
    A hungry bed bug will OCCASSIONALLY do these things. we don't feel them nestle into our clothing—nor … do we usually feel the bite(s).

Had I not kept up the regime? When I got the bugs, again, I'd be so miffed!
    I got my supplies..
    Look at the Blog post on the bed tent: this tent, I bought—but it will ONLY work if I get into it and out of it 100% bed bug free. In that respect, it is no better than a bed, save … bugs falling from a ceiling or a light fixture, which in “ingrown” intractable infestations they can do.
    It ca nalso hapen in homes where 95% of the bugs are well hidden. THE PCO comes ... 2-3 months later ... THere it is again!

In addition, a few other pluses, for the tent not sure what they are yet though.

I really feel you need to do these things to keep your mind at peace.

OK--Maybe not the tent—but the other stuff!
    And I hope you don;t feel chastized. it is not our fault--but you msxut understand this--and do so with little pannic:
    They are parasites and we are hosts. We kill them off by tricking or luring them over the poisons.
    Dawn ... we ARE the bait and a good 6-8 weeks of watchfulness pay's off in most cases. in most cases to--say I--why undo the few measures meant to protect our beds?

5. willow-the-wisp

banned

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Aug 2 2007 20:39:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Not for you really Dawn but a thread was lost in space somewhere the other day … I had no time to put this in about combing the hair with a lice pick.

To new bites—or any bites who feel they need to be washing their bodies all the time: this is not usually the best course of action to take. For bed bugs to be biting 24/7 is nearly impossible ... There is a condition well- known to be exist in conjunction ESPECIALLY with a bed bug infestation. Formication: a feeling that you have bugs crawling all over you or biting you all the time. Unless you see the bugs in the daytime on the walls--in part you likely have that.
    Some of the women are going to ream me here--but this is what I did and it surprised me that it did not dry out my already thin (slightly thining) fairly dry hair:

say 3 times a week--I'd skip the shower and I'd
    run a plastic brush--wetted with alcohol thru my hair. 91%. It was damp--not wet.
    I did my whole body too--read the precautions at the bottom here:
    I would then towel off the rubbing alcohol (91%). It is drying ... But surprisingly my hair nary suffered at all. I was very surprised.
    If it came down to feeling like you had to pick at your hair and wash it all the time and use a lice-comb--you do not. 2x's a day is more than efficient--but do so it over the tub...

This is so if there IS anything in the hair--and it is unlikely--it will then show up in the tub and you can hot wash your care's away. YMMV--but that is what worked for me. In addition, I stayed away from open flames, as I would hope you all would too!
    Last night I showered ... tonight, I will towel myself down and run a bit of the alcohol thru my hair again. Now ... if it messes with your scalp or makes you feel worse--then do not do it. If you cannot figure out a way to do it over the tub to allele your fears or not get any into the eyes--do not do it. I am just saying I did it. I did it like 40 times in 3 months.

And if you have heart problems or are frail and over 65 etc—don’t do it all at once—redress yourself from top down n Bed bug free nighties--so you don’t won;t get ill. !!!This can be a bit of a shock to the heart—as can a cold shower!!!
    it is also a good idea--once on the isolated bed to rehydrate the skin with some moisturizing lotion. this often causes less itching--use hyopallergenic alcohol free products.

Willow

6. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Aug 2 2007 21:38:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Bed bugs usually don't go in your hair, although some people have reported this it is very few. It may depend on what kind of hair you have, how coarse or fine, how long, who knows.

Willow, did you ever find one in your hair, or was this technique just to reassure yourself they were not there?

Formication can be very unplesant, but it helps to remember it's part of the allergic reaction to bed bugs. And it is just a feeling.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  7. willow-the-wisp

banned

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Aug 2 2007 21:49:54
    #

Login to Send PM

nope ... I never found one. And I was not really looking that hard. Just preparing for being in a bed bug free bed BEFOREe getting onto the bed.

(That's not to say I did not have formacation--sure I ripped off all my clothes a few times and took a warm to cool shower? My socks especially ... You NOBUGS, in fact, are the one that talked me down from that hypervigillance: (And it does have some physical perhaps mental implicaitons and it is also somewhat common too with the bed bug infestation.)

8. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Aug 2 2007 23:36:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Yup, I think everyone who reacts to bed bugs gets this and EVERYONE must at firs think, "bed bugs are crawling on me all the time!" (It, like itching, gets better if you refuse to scratch. Yes, I do know how hard that is.)

Anyway Willow--we hijacked Dawn's thread!?

Sorry Dawn. Anyway, look, blood on the sheets can have another cause. If it is bed bug-related it is probably bleeding from a bite (either a new bite that bled when it happened, or possibly an older one if you had any scabs). Of course, the scab or sore could be from something else.

I am sure there are other possibilities. But I don't think a bug could make a mark like that.

9. dawnsimonds2

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Aug 3 2007 10:10:23
    #

Login to Send PM

nobugs, so you don't think this mark is from a bed bug or a bed bug bite? am i reading that correctly? it is a rather long mark to be made from bleeding from a bite. do you agree? could the menses explanation make more sense?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

190,684 posts in 29,311 topics over 90 months by 12,641 of 19,891 members. Latest: katherine8325, Evilbugs, thatznotokay