Blood Marks on Pillow

(4 posts)
  1. _telemachus1

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Dec 4 2011 11:43:43
    #

Login to Send PM

As I have documented in some earlier posts, I am doing battle with fairly continuous hives (1-4 daily). The hives are swollen and itchy for about 24-48 hours, and then disappear fairly quickly. My dermatologist thought it could be bedbugs, but a canine inspection turned up nothing. My wife, who sleeps in the same bed, has never had any hives/bites/marks. A follow-up visit by the PCO turned up carpet beetles. I had the PCO treat for carpet beetles and have been vacuuming like a mad man since then, uncovering several of the larvae in the process. Immediately after my vacuuming expeditions, I got a number of really irritated, large hives. But over the last week, the hives started to become less regular, and I even had a few days where no new ones appeared.

But two mornings ago, I noticed these blood stains on my pillow case: Photos (click on _telemachus1's photostream to see the rest).

Does this look like bed bug stains? The stains were fairly red when I first saw them (and have since dried somewhat). I initially thought the blood might have come from a late stage hive on my shoulder that looks like it might have gotten scratched open, but I just found a new hive on my neck (approx. 48 hours after the photo). Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Am confused and trying to figure out what's irritating me.

2. AshamedandScratching

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Dec 4 2011 13:09:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Looks like fresh blood to me. That is really all anyone can tell.

Fecal staining is darker. The "regurgitated" blood some folks report is watered down. So if you have a bleeding hive, that could be it!

3. _telemachus1

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Dec 5 2011 9:43:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks. In any case, do you think they would leave behind this much blood?

4. soretit

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Dec 5 2011 10:21:34
    #

Login to Send PM

I had the same sort of marks on my pillow case and I noticed that a bad bite on my neck seems to be covered with a furry sort of scab.
    And yes I have seen my doctor but he couldnt say why the scab had not really cleared itself up.
    (He is useless about bedbugs. No expertise at all. But thats another issue.)
    But the scab comes away much more easily than a normal 'hard' scab and bleeds a lot.
    I have one on my ear lobe with exactly the same type of crusty frothy scab.
    Both have been cleared up with neat alcohol (on the scab, not down my throat) and sellotape over the wounds.
    An ordinary plaster was ineffective.
    I dont know why, but it didnt seem to change the nature of the wound.

I am a newbite so you can disregard what I put here but I am not totally convinced the bugs arent partial to opening up an old well, so to speak.
    The stain might be a partly squashed bug crawling away (successfully,- as you couldnt find it).
    Ie your head rolled on it or something hit it hard enough to partly burst it.

Or it is a wound bleeding spontaineously as you move around while asleep?

Check that part of your anatomy, especially your arms and hands.
    Do you sleep with your hand under your cheek?

My bugs do not leave a drop of wasted blood.
    And when you squish them there is one big splash of blood, not a run of drops like in your photos.
    They go pop, like a small balloon of blood.
    Our blood.

I dont think I can add to your knowledge but maybe help you ask some questions to yourself.
    And please look at the ceiling above your pillow.
    I found out two hours ago something I should have noticed the first minute I had BBs.
    I hope this is of help.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

191,317 posts in 29,433 topics over 90 months by 12,699 of 19,961 members. Latest: Steve Tidebeck, axl82580, WakingBad