bites reappear after exercise

(9 posts)
  1. harlem137

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Nov 9 2011 10:23:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Bites appear is the exact same spots where I got bed bug bites before. This often happens after I exercise. Is it possible that old bites "reappear" due to my body heat or are these new bites? I'm positive the bites are in the same spots as before because I have hyperpigmentation (skin darkens where I get bitten).

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Nov 9 2011 12:28:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Yes, as you body gets overheated the immune system kicks back in and old bites can and will sometimes flare up again. It can also happen if you are exposed to high levels of environmental pollution.

Hope that clarifies.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bedbug infestations in domestic and commercial settings. The patent numbers are GB2463953 and GB2470307.

"Open minds find faster solutions"

"Astral Entomologist - because so many people say my ideas are out of this world"
  3. harlem137

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Nov 10 2011 20:11:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Are you referring to sprays and dust as "environmental pollution"?

4. harlem137

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Dec 5 2011 11:07:37
    #

Login to Send PM

When exactly will this flaring stop? I got the bites this summer and 6 months later, it still flares up whenever I exercise. Is this something that will go away on its own?

5. Nicole120

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Jul 12 2012 22:56:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Bumping this up - I'd like to know the answer to this too!

6. AshamedandScratching

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Jul 12 2012 23:33:14
    #

Login to Send PM

I think it was Lou who quoted a period of 9 months, but I could be spastically remembering it wrong.

My experience was I moved out in October 2011 and had reactions until April/May of this year.

7. Nicole120

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Jul 13 2012 7:23:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Wow - this is crazy. I like to stay active - should I be avoiding heavy workouts right now?

8. bullzag

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Jul 2 2013 11:43:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Were these questions ever answered? I moved out at the end of March and have seen no signs of the little bastards since, aside from bite marks on my right hand that keep flaring up in the exact same spot.

9. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Jul 2 2013 15:37:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Sorry missed it.

I specifically mean environmental pollutants like car exhaust or that aviation fuel smell you always get at an airport. I have also seen cases where factory environments and shoe shops have produced strong reactions to occur or reoccur.

It is not to say that this will always happen, it is to report that it can happen. If you find that after exercising or using the hot tub or sauna old bites reappear it may be that you want to moderate such activities for a while or go extra heavy with the moisturizer.

I have recently found that after sun treatment with lots of aloe vera and a mild local anesthetic (OTC type products) work exceptionally well for intense bedbug bites. Yes I use my weekly feeding sessions for experimentation and as long as your proceed with caution and seek appropriate medical advice I see no reason why something that works on 500+ bites in a 2 inch circle will not help others with less severe bites. I am however not a Doctor and can not give medical advice.

As for when someones reaction will return to normal we just don't have enough data to be able to comment accurately. Therefore any input you can give is likely to be the best out there so don't forget to come back and update this at some stage.

David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

200,129 posts in 31,021 topics over 94 months by 13,443 of 20,850 members. Latest: So Mad, joshc, Rossmanmin