Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

BITES OR HIVES?

(10 posts)
  1. dawnsimonds2

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Oct 18 2007 11:56:37
    #

Login to Send PM

hi everyone,

over the past three weeks, i have woken up with an itch on my arm or tummy that i subsequenty scratch. it then turns into a hive (an actual hive) that disappears about 2 hours later completely and leaves no trace at all. could this be a bed bug bite? i also got one at night while i was watching TV. my shoulder started to itch. i scratched it and again, a quick 'hive' appeared and then disappeared within a 1/2 hour. the next day, i got a rash of 'hives' on my left leg that also disappeared within a 1/2 hour. i was exterminated back in may and haven't had any problems until the first 'hive' on september 24th. the dermatologist and allergist have both told me that these seem to be regular hives as bites wouldn't disappear that quickly. in addition, both harold harlan and lou sorkin said the same.

any thoughts?

Thanks.

2. jtwburger

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Oct 18 2007 14:16:31
    #

Login to Send PM

I actually just had the same thing on my stomach. For the first time. I have had hives in the past - so I know I am prone to them. I haven't been bit in 20 days since I've been back from my honeymoon, and just had a "better safe than sorry" spray this weekend because my wife had a bite that we were pretty positive was from a mosquito while attending an outdoor wedding (not ours) - but I am pretty positive everything is dead and gone in our apartment.

Am I crazy or paranoid or what? Hive or bite - that is the question?

3. dawnsimonds2

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Oct 18 2007 14:21:55
    #

Login to Send PM

well, my situation is somewhat unique. first, these hives disappear very quickly. secondly, i have taken allergy tests and found out i'm allergic to just about everything, including most tree pollen and ragweed (i'm actually HIGHLY allergic to ragweed) which is all over the place at this time of year. in addition, since july, i've been spending time with two dogs and their owner. i see the dogs in person once a week and their owner about 3 times a week. and, wouldn't you know, i'm allergic to dog dander and saliva. so i'm exposing myself to these allergens regularly. since july, my skin has become a mess and now, finally, the hives have begun. so, the doctors think it's all related to a. the dogs and b. my other allergies.

anyone wanna weigh in?

4. lieutenantdan

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Oct 18 2007 15:34:36
    #

Login to Send PM

I have had this too on and off for eight months now. I never get a rash till I had bbs.

5. dawnsimonds2

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Oct 18 2007 15:46:03
    #

Login to Send PM

so you are also allergic to all the things i'm allergic to?

6. TorontoBugged

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Oct 19 2007 0:45:03
    #

Login to Send PM

I have experienced burning sensations in the morning - not very often only a few times - and discovered slightly itchy welts or bites which disappear within hours as well. They are somewhat like hives but usually round and small. I never experienced this before bbs. Usually on the stomach area as well.

I've also had allergies to alot of things for years.

7. dawnsimonds2

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Oct 19 2007 10:07:29
    #

Login to Send PM

so do you think these hives are from bed bugs? do you have bed bugs now and are you still getting these kinds of bites/hives? these are the only evidence i've had and it's been 5 months since my extermination. these are not slightly itchy at all. they are truly itchy and actual hives. what do you guys think?

8. so_upset

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Jan 16 2008 18:14:41
    #

Login to Send PM

I have the same thing.

I always discover them at night/evening and they are always gone in an hour or so. I always thought BB bites lasted longer and that you can't know if you have BB from just bites. These "hives" are the only reason I think I might have them (no blood on sheets of fecal spots) but I am praying to God it isn't that.

What did harold harlan and lou sorkin say? I know Lou says his bites don't itch when he feeds hundreds of bugs, but his reaction seems to stay.

Oh, and my hives don't itch. I usually notice just from looking in the mirror or something.

9. bbbitten

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Jul 29 2008 10:32:18
    #

Login to Send PM

I too am wondering if I have hives or bb. Since back from vacation I've received lots of red itchy bumps (white or yellowish center). My wife said they are hives, because she does not have them. I've searched high and low for signs of bb but have not found any. I do not see a center red dot, like a mosquito bite. If these were bb, wouldn't there be a center red dot (scab) from the bite?

10. Marixpress

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Sep 11 2008 11:47:19
    #

Login to Send PM

I would break out in rash when bitten by a bb. I thought I was allergic to the laundry detergent. Ugh to think they were biting my cheeks when I slept UGH!!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.