Bites only on foot?

(5 posts)
  1. scarednyc

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Mar 20 2011 18:54:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Friday morning I woke up with large, pinkish swollen bites on my foot. The bites were mostly in a line and grouped together near my ankle and only on one foot. They itch like crazy. I saw a regular doctor who thought the linear position was suspicious for bed bugs but because it was only on my foot inconclusive. I have checked my mattress, sheets, bed, floor, baseboard etc and have not seen any signs of bugs and its now 3 days later with no new bites.
    Has anyone ever heard of getting bit in only one small focused area or do you think this could be some other insect bite? Anyone have any success going to a derm for further diagnosis? Any suggestions if I should inform my mgmt company before doing anything else and have an exterminator come out?
    I live in NYC and several months ago my apt and whole bldg were treated preventively with DE on the baseboards and in all the outlets. Apts were also sprayed...
    Thanks for any help...getting really anxious over here.

2. jrbtnyc

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Mar 20 2011 20:48:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Sounds like fleas. Do you have any animals around. There was just another thread very recently where some folks were getting bitten below the knees only and someone pointed out the same thing. Let's see if I can find that thread.

3. scarednyc

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Mar 21 2011 8:57:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for responding!

I read about the possibility of fleas, since they are known to bite the ankle in particular. I do have a dog, but she gets frontline treatment for fleas, ticks, etc monthly...there are tons of animals in my bldg and neighborhood however.

4. Jenn28

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Mar 21 2011 17:42:55
    #

Login to Send PM

scarednyc,

When I went through my infestation, they used to bite my feet and my feet were so itchy. I never understood why or clued in because that was the only part of my body that was itchy. According to my husband he used to see the bites all over my back (I used to sleep naked back then) but I was never itchy anywhere else but my feet and it was only once in a while at that, not everyday. I obviously do not react very well to bites. Are you sure it's just your feet? If I knew better back then, I'd check myself over everyday to see if there was evidence of bites on my skin that didn't itch.

Just a thought

5. scarednyc

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Mar 21 2011 19:42:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the reply. I've been so paranoid since I got the bites that I check myself multiple times a day with a mirror...no new bites since Friday and still only near my one ankle. Is that typical? How frequently do they bite if its a new infestation? Is it possible I got bit in a public place and it was a one time occurrence? I have an exterminator/dog coming tomorrow regardless because I can't take the suspense anymore of waiting for more to pop up.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

200,117 posts in 31,020 topics over 94 months by 13,443 of 20,849 members. Latest: senses123, So Mad, joshc