Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

bites on butt / dust mite cover

(4 posts)
  1. bedbut

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Dec 1 2010 1:52:23
    #

Login to Send PM

question - i have several bites on my butt cheeks and thighs. looked for bugs and didn't find any. also, i have a dust mite cover that i bought a few months ago for allergies that is on the mattress.

could the cover protect me from bed bugs and do bed bugs sometimes choose to bite only cheeks/thighs?

also, they are pimple like itchy welts. but not terribly itchy - i only noticed them last night.

any advice would be appreciated. i am going to a doctor tomorrow but i am freaking out.

thx

2. bedbut

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Dec 1 2010 2:28:52
    #

Login to Send PM

i just found a flea in our apartment. i really hope we just have fleas. forgot to mention that i'd been hanging around with people who had a chicken pox kid with them (i wasn't exposed to chicken pox kid) and who have a flea-cat. i also have been traveling for the past three weeks in asia. anyways, if anyone wants to reassure me or offer advice, i'm happy to hear it!

3. parakeets

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Dec 1 2010 11:45:19
    #

Login to Send PM

It is an unfortunate myth that having a mattress cover will protect you from bed bugs. It just prevents bed bugs from hiding in the mattress. They can still be in baseboards, nightstands, crown molding, light fixtures, alarm clocks, etc. However, there are many skin conditions that can cause the skin markings you are describing in that location. Keep observing your skin for any new markings. Keep inspecting. If you were bitten, it wasn't even necessarily in your own bedroom and you might not have brought them home with you. But as for bedbugs just biting on one part of the body--that can happen.

4. bedbut

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Dec 1 2010 14:36:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Parakeet,

Thanks for your response! Ok so new update: girlfriend last night could not sleep because she got 50 bites all over her body. She slept on the couch (spreading possible bugs, I know...) and when she woke up, they were gone. No bites or itching. Granted, she was taking a hardcore pain med last night that might have given her the itch, but she has taken it before and had no problems. Can bb bites disappear after a few hours??

This is horrible. I should have said that we have been traveling and got back a week ago.

This all started Sunday.

Thanks

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

184,157 posts in 28,296 topics over 87 months by 12,192 of 19,347 members. Latest: falc2, jazzychazzy, MANthrax
Site Meter