Bites In The Same Spot

(6 posts)
  1. americanlt

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Dec 28 2008 20:27:39
    #

Login to Send PM

I have had a PCO come 3 times. (3 weeks apart) However, I still continue to get a red bite like rash on my arm about once a week. The weird thing is though that the red mark is always in the exact same spot. Could it be an old bite reappearing or do bed bugs typically bite in the same spot time after time? It doesn't itch either like the other ones did. Could it be something other than the bed bug bite?

thank you

2. etiennesky

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Dec 29 2008 15:51:08
    #

Login to Send PM

I think I have the same problem, got bites moire than a week ago and they almost completely healed, 2 days ago bites appeared again in the same places, and on my hands I am sure they are the same exact spots. Except I don't have one marks, more like 50.

http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/possible-infestation-while-traveling-advice-needed

3. BBcoukHome

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Dec 29 2008 16:25:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Just added to the linked thread.

David

4. Itchy-Scratchy

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Dec 29 2008 16:37:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Wow, bites can come back months later? I suppose that is why the PCO won't treat unless there is blood or a bug. *sigh*

I think the idea of mapping the bites is a good idea to save sanity. But I'm unclear on how to execute this. There are so many and they are very close together. How would I know if it was a old bite or a new bite 1 mm away from the old bite? David, am I missing something?
    Kate

5. BBcoukHome

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Dec 29 2008 17:00:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Kate,

Give me 24 hours and I will give you a template for doing just this kind of analysis.

Yes it is hard to distinguish between bites extremely close together but that really depends upon how accurately you record the first bite when it occurs. I have in the past advised transparency films as a way to distinguish subtle differences by placing on the skin, marking known features such as moles, freckles, scars and deep lines and then orientating the bites from there.

The other way is a little more complex using layering and digital photography but I am a fan of keeping it simple.

David

6. Red

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Dec 29 2008 19:08:10
    #

Login to Send PM

That has been happening to me too! I only get them on my hands and they are usually just one red dot every week or two. I just got back from Hawaii and I noticed that while I was in the sun all my old scars flared up again. They weren't itchy, just a red mark where a red mark used to be.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.