bites coming and going?

(3 posts)
  1. thosedamnbugs

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Sep 8 2010 22:59:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Is this even possible? My one son (the one who is getting bitten out of the 4 children I have) is still waking up with bites (not too many- sometimes 5, sometimes less, sometimes none) but by the end of the day those bites are gone. Totally gone. Anyone heard of such a thing?

He had a terrible reaction to the zillion of bites he got in the beginning of this lovely adventure with huge welts all over. Now, the bites just look like a small mosquito bite, but are still in triangle formation or in a row. No welting thank goodness, but still bites.

Can you develop a sort of immunity to the bites after having such a bad reaction in the beginning?

2. thosedamnbugs

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Sep 15 2010 16:22:21
    #

Login to Send PM

it happened again. woke up with a ton of welts on his upper shoulders this morning and when he came home from school today, nothing at all. not a welt, not a red mark, not a bite looking thing anywhere. were they new bites that faded that quickly? old bites reflaring?

can someone (anyone) please, please reply to this post. I'm going insane- moreso than I am already.

PCO's coming tomorrow again for round 2 of treatment as scheduled 2 weeks from first visit.

3. nancytd

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Sep 15 2010 16:34:18
    #

Login to Send PM

That happens to me too. I don't know if I just got bit before it flares up but it seems the bites start out as red/big and stay that way for a few minutes. Then they disappear to an almost imperceptible bump in about 15 minutes. Then they will flare up again later. My theory is this reaction is from our immune system dealing with the bites. (I actually have no idea; it's just a guess.) I read that although bed bug bites don't transmit pathogens, it does produce an immune response.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

200,083 posts in 31,013 topics over 94 months by 13,442 of 20,848 members. Latest: midnightfeast, senses123, So Mad