Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

[Was:] Bites, but no signs of bugs - help / thoughts? [a: now microscopic mites]

(109 posts)
  1. iwantosleepinpeace

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Dec 8 2014 7:57:09
    #

Login to Send PM

the hanging bugs that dont move are about half a cm. probably 0.5-0.75 cm.
    the crawling things that i can feel-- i dont know.

2. jnolley

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed May 25 2016 10:26:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Ok, so I'm new to this site and I'm going crazy for answers. I've been in my home for 1.5 years and just in the last two weeks i have started getting bites. The first 3 times I got bit they were all in a row... The first on my right ankle, behind my right knee, and the last on the back side of my right arm. After research I saw that they were probably due to bed bugs with them being in a nice neat row. But I have been searching my bed every morning and night and haven't seen a trace of anything. Have changed my sheets to a white color to better be able to see if anything was to show up. snce then I ahven't had any more bites in a row but single bites mainly on my feet and lower legs. My two dogs have no signs of flees and I treat them regularly, and I don't have any carpet. (carpet beetles). I do have a memory foam mattress if that makes a difference and haven't put a case on it yet. Any ideas?

3. frightened

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed May 25 2016 12:55:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Check the sofa? Bites on lower legs and feet are generally fleas though. Have you started walking in grass and out in the yard where there may be fleas?

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed May 25 2016 15:08:20
    #

Login to Send PM

jnolley,

Fleas are worth ruling out (we have a FAQ "Do I have bed bugs or fleas?" with a DIY flea monitor plan provided).

I would also recommended starting a new thread (instructions here if needed). You're placing it in an old thread about someone else's situation, and that means it won't get much attention.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  5. Sci

newbite

Posted 10 months ago
    Mon Sep 26 2016 2:33:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Pardon if this has been mentioned befoee. I've had dealings with "invisible biters" you can spray and wash your bedding and floors and have everything inspected 100000 times over and they won't find signs of infestation. Body lice. They live in the seams of clothing and are tiny. They only come out to feed and thats why the bites are usually clustered around the elbows, ankles, knees and waistline . The seams of your shirts, socks pants etc will have tell tale signs of lice like nits, eggs, droppings and of course lice. If you take your article of clothing and put it in a sink of super hot water the lice will fall off and be visible against a white sink. Hope this helps.

6. loubugs

old timer

Posted 10 months ago
    Mon Sep 26 2016 7:58:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Body and head lice are not so small so as to escape detection. They are not associated in the same syndrome as invisible biting things such as small mites. Sometimes "invisible biting things" turn out not to be insects or mites and stem from myriad reasons such as skin reactions to particulate matter, fibers, allergic or hypersensitive reaction to foods, cosmetics, etc. or even delusory parasitosis. All these have to be ruled out to find the reasons. Monitor devices help to capture crawling and flying arthropods.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  7. CursedAngel

newbite

Posted 10 months ago
    Fri Sep 30 2016 2:14:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello all, this last month has been so eventful for me that I feel as if its not wrong for me to have more then one bug.. I may be wrong though! About 2 weeks ago, I started to get bites around my ankle, and one on the ankle of my left foot, the bites were very small and itchy ( about 3-4 bites) I actually didnt think much of it until I started to itch and notice that I had a few bites near the back of my knee on my right leg... the night where gears started to turn in my head, I researched online and read stories and solutions for bed bugs, fleas, etc, I searched around my bed for bed bugs and discovered behind the bedboard against the wall, Carpet beatle larva, both dried and new. I left it be and was relieved that I didnt have bed bugs... The next day I had an exterminator come to check the room for bedbugs, He looked over the bed, bedboard, boxspring(whatever it is you call it). I told him about the beatles and he said I def have them, there was a bunch of stuff under my bed that he told me to clean for a spraying that I green light'd for the next day. That night I took the mattress and boxspring out of the room and put all of the junk from under the bed in boxes and put it in my garage, after looking at my walls, ceiling, and crevace between the wall and the carpet, I must have collected 13 larva and an actual dead beatle. The exterminator came and he sprayed, that night I put the bed back and put all of the newly washed sheets on etc I sleep, no signs of biting/ itching. The next day I put on my jeans which I wash once every week and a half and I feel a crawling sensation in various places and various times

what I havent mentioned was that before I discovered the beatle larva and beatle, I found about 7 Blue Jay feathers while walking in allaire state park, and placed them on a shelf on my desk. The crawling feeling continues, but not severe, every once in a while I'll itch, but mostly my feet itch, especially while wearing socks. I wasnt thinking bird mites until After I collected 5 huge feathers from a hike at allaire a week later(which I picked up using a plastic bag) I ended up leaving the bag of feathers in my car, I after still feeling the crawling sensation during the day, but more prevelant at night reasearched more and think I have a mite or some sort, I took the feathers out of my room and disposed of them, but after wearing clothes that have been in my room, I now almost always feel as if I have bugs crawling on me , I've been sleeping in my bed and now discover a bite or two every morning, not sure if that is connected to the crawling feeling or Im dealing with two different bugs.. It seems to have gotten worse over time... Im cleaning out my car tomorrow because I remembered how I left the bag of feathers in it, and I've realized that just sittinf in my car, I feel biting and crawling sensations more then just walking down the street..

I keep going back and forth with it being mites or bed bugs, two nights ago I found a small cream/ white colored bug crawling beneath my pillow, I took a piece of tape to save it, but now looking at the tape, he seems way smaller then when I first saw him under the pillow, and last night I stayed in the city, I changed my clothes to go to a party and started feeling crawling sensations after all day from not feeling them as much, it started really acting up to the point where I felt like I was getting bit(around 11:00-3).......UGHHHHH just writing all this is frustrating, Im the most mellow easy going relaxed guy you would ever meet, but this whole fiasco has brought me nightmares and paranoia which I never expierenced before... CAN SOMEONE CONFIRM ANYTHING ?! Is this all because of the carpet beatle hairs? Do I have bird mites? I've literrally read almost everything on the web, and the exterminator denies my 3 bites on my ankle(which havent gone away, and occasionally itch) of bed bugs, but I feel like I have them... This all has only been happening for about 2 and a half weeks...
    Someone anyone help.. I'll send you and your family greatness <3

Ps sorry for the layout and progression of my story, hope its able to be understood..

8. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 10 months ago
    Fri Sep 30 2016 3:10:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Cursedangel,
    Please see my response to your post in the other thread:
    http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/nymph-id-request-2#post-254191

9. Hellothereitsme

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Mon Mar 20 2017 15:52:54
    #

Login to Send PM

***Possible Solution***

Hello,

I joined this forum specifically to post this reply. For the past few months I've been having mosquito-like bites on my skin. They range anywhere from 1-6 at a time. Arms, legs, ankle, wrists, stomach. Sometimes in a row, sometimes in a cluster. I researched fleas, ticks, chiggers, bedbugs, spiders, etc. Nothing quite sounded like my problem. I went through the time and expense of having my home/carpet/mattress professionally cleaned, area rugs and sofas removed, shampoo, detergent changed out. The funny thing was, I was the only person in my house effected by these mysterious "bites". (And when I went away on a mini-break I didn't get a single bump.) They would appear and only remain for a few hours if I didn't scratch them and scar if I did scratch. I am not a medical doctor and I do not claim to be. Check with a medical doctor first. Anyways, my problem was pressure welts from a newly acquired allergy to my Cornish Rex cat. I am mid-thirties and have had this cat for years. I have no other symptoms (itchy eyes, runny nose, trouble breathing). Nevertheless, this stupid cat was giving me occasional bumps brought on by putting pressure on a particular area of my skin. An OTC antihistamine may help. Again, check with your physician. Hope this post helps...

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

261,292 posts in 42,113 topics over 127 months by 18,485 of 18,971 members. Latest: Completely terrified, Worried99, K_p