Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Bites and nothing else

(6 posts)
  1. jazzed

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Fri Sep 8 2017 3:44:26
    #

Login to Send PM

I have developed about 4 bites over the last day that Im not sure where they came from. I do work outside as I am a landscaper, and have found no signs of bed bugs on my mattress or boxspring. My boyfriend has no bites. The bites are fairly large and red, with a clearish center in a small hard lump. If its not bed bugs what else could it be? Please help I am losing my mind

2. jazzed

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Fri Sep 8 2017 8:54:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Are bed bugs the only thing that have a delayed reaction to a bite ?

3. stylinmama21

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Fri Sep 8 2017 9:59:22
    #

Login to Send PM

From what I've read you can't diagnose bedbugs on bites alone. My daughter is covered in what Drs called a "mystery rash". So one night I got pretty serious about finding bedbugs. It took me over 3 hours in her room only on my hands and knees to find one tiny little nymph. If you suspect bedbugs, you have to super super diligent and determined to find one of you decide to look for them. If you don't have many, thy are not very easy to find.

4. jazzed

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Fri Sep 8 2017 10:12:47
    #

Login to Send PM

I have searched every possible crevice in the bed on multiple days and found nothing, no stains, no castings, no bugs. I will continue to search I am more wondering if there are other insects that can bite undetected

5. jazzed

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sun Sep 10 2017 11:21:14
    #

Login to Send PM

I know it isnt possible to identify the bug from the bite, but bites keep appearing so i will post anyway. Im so stressed out and Im supposed to go on a trip on Wednesday and Im worried I will have to cancel it.

6. jazzed

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Sep 12 2017 20:54:12
    #

Login to Send PM

For anyone wondering...the bites developed into blister like clumps and the doctor said it is reaction to poison ivy. Which makes sense since I was in contact with poison ivy last week

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

264,051 posts in 42,687 topics over 129 months by 18,734 of 19,281 members. Latest: Vincent601, bedbug, Why2Us