Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug news and events

Beware of nationally televised infomercial scam for "FabriClear"

(4 posts)
  1. blargg

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Nov 12 2012 23:59:01
    #

Login to Send PM

I saw this commercial on national US television and wanted to post this before anyone ran out and bought it. After looking at the ingredients, I'd like to take an educated guess and say it doesn't work.

I don't think the infomercial even shows a bedbug:

[+] Embed the videoGet the Video Plugin

Label:

http://www.kellysolutions.com/erenewals/documentsubmit/KellyData%5COK%5Cpesticide%5CProduct%20Label%5C25%5C25-25B%5C25-25B_FabriClear___RTU_2_3_2012_9_24_02_AM.pdf

2. DougSummersMS

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Nov 13 2012 13:13:42
    #

Login to Send PM

blargg
    Thanks for posting the link to the ingredients

FabriClear is an obvious scam... The FabriClear website has even taken down the page that lists the active ingredients

As Joe Biden would say.. That ad is full of malarkey!

I didn't observe any actual bed bug images in the video either.

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Nov 13 2012 13:46:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Well I just planted a big FU2 bomb on their YouTube.

Shame on them.

David

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bedbug infestations in domestic and commercial settings. The patent numbers are GB2463953 and GB2470307.
  4. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Nov 13 2012 13:55:30
    #

Login to Send PM

When shopping for a product (be it bug spray or a tech gadget), pay close attention to what the ad/literature leaves out. If a feature you want isn't listed, assume it's not there.

In this case, the literature says that it kills bed bugs on contact. That it does not mention residual action means that there isn't any. In that case, this product should be compared with other "contact killer" products, which include lots of household cleaners that you can pick up at your nearest supermarket.

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday. A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
    - Psalms 91:5-7

(Not an pro)

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.