Best Sticky Tape?

(12 posts)
  1. Marixpress

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Nov 25 2008 17:55:37
    #

Login to Send PM

What brand/type do you recommend? I need something industrial strength lol

Also, how well do bed bugs stick to mice glue traps?

2. bugssux

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Nov 26 2008 1:08:43
    #

Login to Send PM

double sided carpet tape is what i heard is best , i wish you could use the flystrips that sprial downwards but they'd be messy

3. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Nov 26 2008 1:30:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Those mice thingies are the best type.

http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/trapper-ltd-mouseinsect-glue-boards-p-134.html

KQ posted a place to get the glue alone and you could use some painters tape, go around whatever then spread the glue on the tape to make an evidence gathering barrier.

one place and instructions....

http://www.pestproducts.com/glue.htm

Pest glue boards redefine "sticky".

Jim

4. Marixpress

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Nov 26 2008 10:02:18
    #

Login to Send PM

thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou

5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Nov 26 2008 10:20:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I am not a big tape users but on occasions where I have found that it could add some help recommend this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Duck-Carpet-Tape-rough-Fir-50mmx10M/dp/B000TAQL0Y

I have tried lots and lots of different types and it is only this one that seems to work well. It is also easy to remove as there is a mesh membrane through the middle of the sticky layers.

David

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bedbug infestations in domestic and commercial settings. The patent numbers are GB2463953 and GB2470307.

"Astral Entomologist - because so many people say my ideas are out of this world"
  6. DougSummersMS

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Nov 26 2008 14:47:28
    #

Login to Send PM

The sticky board glue is a better choice than vasoline for isolation of your bed too.

7. hatesbedbugs

Banned

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Nov 26 2008 20:23:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Marixpress,You can go to Wal-Mart and find double back tape in the tape section. Henkel, Duck, and 3M both offer double back carpet tape. You want to run the tape along the carpet board with half on carpet and a half along the wall edge. I would also, tape around the boarders of air intakes and electrical wall outlets. weekly dust may reduce the stickiness causing the tape to loose its effectiveness. The tape will remove wall paint and or wall paper when you remove it.

8. hkbugs

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Nov 26 2008 21:37:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Go to any hardware store for double sided carpet tape. It's really really strong! I lined my mattress cover with (I still can't sleep with sheets) but I wake up occasionally because I'm pinned down - usually a stray foot or hand.

Caution - it might not keep nymphs away from you. I found a couple inside the tape boundary. They could have been there before I taped or they could have been in eggs and then hatched. They did have a meal, though, judging by the tiny drop of blood that squirted out when I squished them.

9. almostdying

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Nov 26 2008 23:10:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi spidey-Have you been able to catch bb's with the sticky mice traps? I've used different types of double sided carpet tape before and those never worked. I still got bit!

10. hatesbedbugs

Banned

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Nov 26 2008 23:41:45
    #

Login to Send PM

The double back tape is successfully used as a parameter tape. The cloth Henkel double back tape is very sticky. If you are with in the parameter and it has already been determined that the inside area is bed bug free the system is very effective. I would even double beck tape the celling extending out beyond the area of the bed. If the celling is etched it may be possible for the bed bug to traverse it and drop in your sleeping area.

11. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Nov 27 2008 0:03:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Never caught BBs but caught all types of tiny critters in them. Someone here had great success using those mice traps under the bed posts.

Get some painters tape which is easily removed to put on the surface first then adhere the double sticky or glue to it. Far easier to remove that way.

You will still get bit if they are inside your perimeter as HBB said. If you can establish a perimeter around a BB free zone then you inflict casualties on the little bastards coming to feed.

Jim

12. Bite this

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Nov 27 2008 8:33:38
    #

Login to Send PM

I'll check later today, and post the brand I used successfully. I bought it at Rona in the seasonal/insect reppelant section.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.